Thread: Charles Grant

Rambos is online now Registered User

Charles Grant

Buccaneers | Team officials to meet with Grant
    Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:56:31 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports team officials of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will meet Friday, March 16, with New Orleans Saints DE Charles Grant, who was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason but was given the team's franchise tag instead. Players designated with the franchise tag can still negotiate with other teams, but the original team reserves the right to match any offer the player receives or get two first-round picks as compensation for losing the player. Since the Buccaneers have the No. 4 overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft, the compensation for acquiring Grant would be very costly for the team.

Is this way too much for Grant? Should we have tried this?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Charles Grant

In a case like this, I think it would be more likely that the Bucs would try to negotiate a trade. I'm not sure how much I would be willing to give up for Grant, but two first round picks is definitely too much.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Is this way too much for Grant?
    The answer is yes. In fact, if the question was....."Is this way too much for _______", and you filled in whatever name you wanted, the answer would still be yes.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The answer is yes. In fact, if the question was....."Is this way too much for _______", and you filled in whatever name you wanted, the answer would still be yes.
    Ladanian Tomlinson Peyton Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81 View Post
    Ladanian Tomlinson Peyton Manning?
    No and No. I'll keep Jackson, Bulger, and our next two first round picks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    No and No. I'll keep Jackson, Bulger, and our next two first round picks.
    I wasn't saying that i would make the trade of 2 of our first round picks for one of them but that they would be worth it for some teams.

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81 View Post
    I wasn't saying that i would make the trade of 2 of our first round picks for one of them but that they would be worth it for some teams.
    Maybe, maybe not, but that's for some other team to decide (though a fine discussion, no doubt). My point is that no player currently in the NFL is worth us giving up two first round picks.

Rambos is online now Registered User

This has only been done twice, Sean Gilbert and Reggie White. One team went on to win the SB, the other not so good.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Way too expensive, IMO. Point of interest, if they're looking towards a DE in March, what does that say about pick four overall in April??

I've got them picking Calvin Johnson, but if he goes earlier (Okaland? Detroit?) Adams or Anderson become as legitimate option as any, considering they let...was is D'wayne White?...go and Simeon rice is getting up there in years.