Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cfh128

Thread: Charlie Campbell's (walterfootball.com guy) 5 Round Mock Draft (Rams Only)

Elit.Fan is offline Registered User

Charlie Campbell's (walterfootball.com guy) 5 Round Mock Draft (Rams Only)

RD 1 - 16 St. Louis Rams: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    The Rams have to improve their weapons for Sam Bradford, and Patterson could go well with 2012 picks Chris Givens and Brian Quick.

Sources told WalterFootball.com before the 2012 season that Tennessee had a great third receiver behind Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers who was going to have a breakout season. That wide out was Patterson, and after Rogers was kicked off the team, Patterson took his place as the starting X (split end) receiver.

The junior college product showed off his elite speed and explosiveness when he opened the season by beating David Amerson for a 41-yard score on a go-route straight down the field. Patterson also took a carry for a 67-yard touchdown later in first quarter. He had six receptions for 93 yards and a score against the Wolfpack. Patterson totaled 46 receptions for 778 yards and five touchdowns this season. He ran the ball for 308 yards and three scores, too.

Patterson is very fast and explosive. He is raw, but filled with potential and could end up being a high first-rounder.

RD 1 - 22 St. Louis Rams: Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
    The Rams need an outside linebacker and many 4-3 teams are projecting Ogletree to the outside in the NFL.

Ogletree hurt his draft stock with a DUI arrest in early February. That comes on the heels of him being suspended for the first four games of 2012 season. However, Ogletree was phenomenal in 2012. The junior collected 111 tackles, 11.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, one interception and five passes broken up in 10 games.

Ogletree broke his foot in the 2011 season opener against Boise State and missed the next seven games. The sophomore really came on in the second half of the year. The 6-foot-3, 236-pounder produced 52 tackles, 7.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks and two forced fumbles in the final seven games. Ogletree really stood out with big games against Georgia Tech, LSU and Michigan State. He had 34 tackles as a freshman in 2010.

Ogletree is very fast and instinctive. He has the frame to get bigger and stay as a middle linebacker in the NFL. Ogletree has a lot of upside, and it isn't surprising that his stock has pushed into first-round consideration this year.

RD 2 - 46 St. Louis Rams: Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
    The Rams need a guard upgrade and have shown a ton of interest in Warford.

Warford is a beast and, in my opinion, will be one of the best steals of the 2013 NFL Draft. Warford (6-3, 333) is powerful road grader of a run-blocker. He uses his strength to push around defensive linemen and blast open running lanes. Warford was named a Second-Team All-SEC performer in 2011 - his second straight season. He did a very good job of opening up holes for running back Derrick Locke in 2010.

Warford is also a good pass-blocker. He is strong at the point of attack and owns surprising athleticism to hit blocks on the second level. The senior has underrated speed and quickness for his size. Warford did a fabulous job of blocking Missouri defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson in pass protection and the ground game this year.

RD 3 - 78 St. Louis Rams: Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
    The Rams land a nice running back value in Franklin. St. Louis has been showing interest in him.

Franklin (5-10, 205) was awesome as a senior and really helped his draft stock. He averaged 6.2 yards per carry while churning his way to 1,734 yards and 13 touchdowns. Franklin also caught 33 balls for 323 yards and two touchdowns. He has real quickness as a runner and is shifty, but is more physical and tough than one would think.

Fraklin had a huge performance against USC with 171 yards and two scores. He went over 200 yards against both Rice and Nebraska. Franklin showed some real power and toughness in the Pac-12 Championship by running for 194 yards on 19 carries against Stanford and its physical defense. It was a very impressive performance. Franklin ran for 976 yards and five touchdowns in 2011. His sophomore season was more productive with 1,127 yards and eight scores.

At the Senior Bowl, Franklin performed well in blitz protection and showcased nice ability to contribute on third down. He helped himself in Mobile.

RD 4 - 113 St. Louis Rams: Shawn Williams, S, Georgia
    The Rams need safety help badly.

Williams chalked up a solid 2012 season, ending up with 98 tackles, the second-largest amount on the Bulldogs. He also picked up four passes broken up, a forced fumble and 5.5 tackles for a loss. Williams was a solid defender on the back end for Georgia.

The 5-foot-11, 211-pounder is a tough, physical safety who also has some quickness and ball skills. Williams broke into the starting lineup as a junior in 2011. He led the team with 72 tackles while also recording four interceptions, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and six passes broken up.

RD 5 - 149 St. Louis Rams: Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois
    The Rams could use another defensive tackle to go with Michael Brockers.

Spence is a quick gap-shooting defensive tackle who can cause disruption at the point of attack. The junior racked up 72 tackles, seven tackles for a loss, one sack and a forced fumble this year. He had a decent 2011 season with 69 tackles, 5.5 tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble.
    Gotta say, this would be a pretty sweet draft

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Re: Charlie Campbell's (walterfootball.com guy) 5 Round Mock Draft (Rams Only)

I'd be worried if we didn't grab a safety until the 4th, but when you have a lot of holes to fill there will always be something that doesn't get fixed as soon as you'd like. I think its a good draft.
    Randart likes this.

Randart is offline Registered User

Yup not too bad of a haul of players many are my faves in their respective positions... Can't get everyone we desire. All in all I would be excited about this draft. I still would have some pangs for a couple other guys but no regrets!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Not too shabby!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I like the first four picks.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

There are several drafts I would like and this is up there with the best of them. One thing I really am not sure about is taking a LB in the first round. Ogletree is good but I dont think the position is as important as others. I would rather see a LB later in the draft and sign a veteran. We had good defense last year with a vet LB and Dahl at S.