RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Charlie Peprah...

I think he would be a nice pickup around the 6th or 7th round. He made the move to SS at Alabama after his sophmore year because of a glaring need at the position and the emergence of Ramzee Robinson and the Freshman sensation Simeon Castille arriving on campus.

These were Peprah's stats as a CB...

2002 (Freshman): A starter in eight of the Tide's 13 games, Charlie and departed senior Waine Bacon led the team in interceptions with four each. He also added 47 tackles, one stop behind the line and teamed with Nautyn McKay-Loescher for a sack in the Mississippi State game. Charlie had interceptions against Southern Miss (seven-yard return), Georgia (a 35-yard TD return that gave the Tide a 25-24 lead with 8:24 left in the game), Tennessee (a 48-yard return that led to a Tide touchdown in the 34-14 win) and Hawaii (no return). He played a total of 616 snaps on the season, including a career-high 62 in a start against Georgia.

2003 (Sophomore): He closed the season with four interceptions for a team-leading 93 yards in returns. He also had 69 tackles, three stops behind the line for five yards and a team-best 14 pass break-ups. He forced one fumble and recovered two. He had 917 snaps and has now played 1,533 snaps in his two-year career. He had double-figure tackles against Georgia (10) and LSU (13) and had interceptions against South Florida (51 yards and TD), Arkansas (six yards), Mississippi State and LSU (36 yards). His 183 career return yards ranks sixth.
    I think he could be a very solid NCB and a possible #2 CB if Bartell or Butler cant handle the job. He could also play FS because of his size and speed. He's a very versatile athlete who is still raw at the CB position, but he demonstrated in his first two seasons that he has what it takes to be dominant.

The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Charlie Peprah...

I'll have to see what he does on his pro day. His 4.68 at the combine didn't impressive me very much at all for a DB, at least not enough to spend a draft pick on him. There are some positions where you can make up for a lack of measurables. I don't think DB is one of them.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I was a little dissapointed in his 40 time. I expect him to run better at his pro day. He displayed some good coverage skills at the East-West Shrine Game though, even though he hadnt played CB in two seasons. He was impressive at the combine in the DB drills and I think with his versatility that he warrants some consideration for a late round draft pick. He has great upside. With a 7th round pick, you're getting a guy who has the potential to be a good NCB and possible a starter; that's great value IMO.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Why don't we just draft the entire Alabama defense so you'll be happy? Geez.

Why don't we just draft the entire Alabama defense so you'll be happy? Geez.
    I dont think Anthony Madison would be a very good signing... ;-)

Yeah I'm biased about this, but it doesnt matter. I'm throwing guys out there that you might not know about. These guys played in a pro style defense that saw a lot of 3-4 and 4-3 schemes.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I was about to say that. Since everyone has great potential:moon:
    RamsFan16