Thread: Chris Hope

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Chris Hope

I read that he wants and expects to be paid like one of the top 5 safties in the league,I dont think he is worth that,he is more of a product of a system where the linebackers and d line creates so much havoc up front that he is not tested as much as he would be on another defense and it does'nt hurt that he plays next to Polamalu,I think someone will overpay him just as someone would overpay arch if he hits the market I just hope its not us.

:clanram:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Chris Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Rip32
    I read that he wants and expects to be paid like one of the top 5 safties in the league,I dont think he is worth that,he is more of a product of a system where the linebackers and d line creates so much havoc up front that he is not tested as much as he would be on another defense and it does'nt hurt that he plays next to Polamalu,I think someone will overpay him just as someone would overpay arch if he hits the market I just hope its not us.

:clanram:
    I couldn't agree more. Excellent points, Rip.

For some reason, I have mental images of Kim Herring flashing in my head when I think of Chris Hope - one of the less talented members on a Super Bowl winning defense who is going to cash in mightily due to being a free agent immediately after winning a championship.

He wants to be paid like one of the top five safeties in the league? I'm not even sure he'd be in my top 25.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Chris Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I couldn't agree more. Excellent points, Rip.

For some reason, I have mental images of Kim Herring flashing in my head when I think of Chris Hope - one of the less talented members on a Super Bowl winning defense who is going to cash in mightily due to being a free agent immediately after winning a championship.

He wants to be paid like one of the top five safeties in the league? I'm not even sure he'd be in my top 25.

This is exactly what i'm thinking. Apart from Hope, the free agents at FS are few and far between. I think the Rams are hoping OJ Atogwe can step it up, and i believe he can. I would rather have the money spent on keeping Archuleta and Pickett then signing a guy like Hope who was overshadowed by other Steelers defensive players for a reason. The reason being he wasn't as good as they are.