Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

ClanRam 2006 NFL Draft Rules (ALL READ!)

It's less than two days and counting before the start of this shindig we call the NFL Draft. There's been a lot of interest in the draft in the months leading up to the event, and I don't think I'd be going out on a limb if I said we'll have a lot of traffic and topics to discuss this weekend as the draft occurs.

But to maintain some sort of order this weekend, we're going to put a few NFL Draft rules in place.

1) Live draft discussion will be restricted to the ClanRam Chat Room. What does that mean? That means if you're watching or listening to the draft and want to talk about what's going on as it happens, come to the chat room. Don't start a new thread to announce that Houston has indeed taken Reggie Bush and ask what everyone thinks. You'll know what everyone thinks if you log into the chat. Creating new threads, however, pushes other threads further back in the forum page count, and serves no real purpose since the chat room will be the place to be anyways.

2) On Saturday, this will not be the only Stickied topic at the top of the Draft forum. We will also have a live draft tracker for those who either can't watch or listen to the coverage or for those who want to keep track of who is going where. This thread will be started by a moderator and updated by a moderator. If you have comments to make about who has been selected and a choice that a team has made, I once again urge you to come to the chat room and talk about it live.

3) For each selection made by the Rams, a moderator will start a new thread announcing the selection in the Draft forum. Once a moderator has started a thread announcing a Rams pick, discussion can take place in that thread regarding the player selected. This is to centralize all discussion on the prospect that has been selected, so we don't have 3-4 threads all talking about the same thing. Sort of the same deal as rule #1; we don't want the forum to get overcrowded with repetitive topics already being discussed somewhere, so please wait for the moderator thread and share your opinions there.

4) Be on your best behavior in the chat room. That means if the Rams draft someone you didn't want them to select, don't overreact. Don't curse like a sailor. Don't talk about how this draft will rank as one of the worst for the team. If you and another person disagree about what the Rams should have done or about a particular prospect, be civil about it. Agree to disagree if you have to. This is going to be a busy day for everyone, and it doesn't need to be complicated by some of the immaturity we saw during the season. This will be strictly enforced. You will receive one warning, and if the behavior continues, you can vent your draft anger somewhere else.

Hopefully we can all have a good time enjoying the draft with minimal problems. I encourage everyone who wants to chat it up to come to the chat room and talk with all of us as the draft unfolds. With fifteen minutes for each pick in the first round, you need to pass the time somehow!

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: ClanRam 2006 NFL Draft Rules (ALL READ!)

Good thing I won't be there. My attitude torwards the draft and the excitement would not be tolerated
    RamsFan16

bigredman is offline Registered User

I'll make kissy kissy make nice! (but watch out for the PM's)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

My goodness...let the rules run wild. I guess you must be predicting a lot of traffic in here.

I am going to miss out on the fun since I am headed to FL to hang with my parents. I may be able to get them to let me watch a little of the draft on the tv, but I won't be able to chat with you guys.

Y'all behave now and listen to your moderators and the local loco draft experts .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Congratulations Nick! On 6,700 Posts, Keep It Going!:up:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

all read and understood guv!

can still see it going pearshaped in the sense that not everyone will have read this thread and threads will be mass re-produced with stuff like naufanu tahi goes to arizona in round 6 etc.....

good luck anyway,will be in chatroom aslong as i can suss out what time it will take place in british time-got my bottle of jim beam ready!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    My goodness...let the rules run wild. I guess you must be predicting a lot of traffic in here.

I am going to miss out on the fun since I am headed to FL to hang with my parents. I may be able to get them to let me watch a little of the draft on the tv, but I won't be able to chat with you guys.

Y'all behave now and listen to your moderators and the local loco draft experts .
    I'd rather be in FL with Utter than the chatroom....need a cabana boy? LOL

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I'd rather be in FL with Utter than the chatroom....need a cabana boy? LOL
    Actually I would love someone to drive me around since I am going to running around the state and I have a little problem with driving the speed limit. Are you volunteering tx? I am landing in Orlando and heading to Tampa Bay for drinks and a dip in the pool tonight. That part is fun, but I don't know if you really want to meet my parents. ...lol

Tomorrow I'll head east and I will go play with the folks and see how my Dad is doing for real. Parents are full of it... they have been lying this whole time about his progress. They are so busted and I am not keeping my mouth shut.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Meet The Parents III: Tx and Utter

Rated PG: Particularly Gruesome

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Or driving miss Ramfan
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Remember, chat is open for Day Two and the rules are still in effect!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!