Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Clausen to enter draft

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    If we happen to screw up and win a game (which I doubt) if Berry is on the board at the same time as Clausen, I'd go with Berry. If Bryant is on the board at the same time as Clausen, I'd go with Bryant. However if Suh is gone and Gerald McCoy is there along with Clausen, if the Rams select Clausen over McCoy I will never, ever follow another draft by the Rams.

I don't really now, but if they pick a QB over a stud DT this year that's it for me when it comes to the Rams and the War Room.
    I agree, but lets just hope that another Nebraska DT wont turn out as a bust for us again.

poejoe8 is offline Registered User

Suh! Suh! Suh!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

If we happen to screw up and win a game (which I doubt) if Berry is on the board at the same time as Clausen, I'd go with Berry. If Bryant is on the board at the same time as Clausen, I'd go with Bryant. However if Suh is gone and Gerald McCoy is there along with Clausen, if the Rams select Clausen over McCoy I will never, ever follow another draft by the Rams.

I don't really now, but if they pick a QB over a stud DT this year that's it for me when it comes to the Rams and the War Room.
    Pretty strong words here. What if 5 years from now, McCoy is a bust and Claussen is a top 10 QB in the league, will you watch the draft then

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Pretty strong words here. What if 5 years from now, McCoy is a bust and Claussen is a top 10 QB in the league, will you watch the draft then
    Probably not, or maybe. Since they have changed the format, the paint may be dry before the draft starts on Friday. Now Saturday, that grass grows pretty quick. That seems to be more entertaining than hearing Mel Kiper or whoever spout off about a DE 6th round pick from East Central Louisiana State from the South Division of the North Conference that he has NEVER seen play but swears he has value.

TheRammer Guest

Lol dude you crazy? how can you think so poorly of Clausen? I don't conisder myself a expert just because I've played college ball and know everything about football but by watching all the QB prospects and such Clausen seems like he'd fit our WCO the best and was playing in a pro style offense and has all the intangibles.... Me likes him but if Suh is there I don't know if I could say no to him lol

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I don't understand how people actually have the mindset "Yeah we go BPA in first round, and Pike or McCoy will be great values in the second round."

That's almost assuming like McCoy and Pike are the more safer, better prospect than Clausen, Locker, or Bradford?

IMO, Pike is not very good. I like his accuracy and intelligence, but his arm strength is very weak.

Let's all do our studies on Pike and McCoy and whoever else we think we can get in round 2 and beyond before assuming they will be a safe pick for the QB position.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12