RamWraith is offline Registered User

Clayton reports Titans like Young better

Clayton said the Titans are setting up to take Young in the draft unless the Jets/Oakland move ahead of them.

**Guess Wraith isn't all that silly with his mock, at least someone else out there (with creditability) likes this match up too. Like I said...GURU
    :tongue:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Clayton reports Titans like Young better

I tend to usually agree with Clayton (especially when he makes Salisbury look like an oaf), but I still believe both Norm Chow and the city of Nashville will revolt if Young is selected ahead of Leinert or Cutler.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Everybody who works on ESPN barring Wilbon and Kornheiser are absolute idiots

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I read elsewhere that the coaching staff likes Leinart better but the owner likes Young's upside. It'll be interesting to see who wins out in that battle of opinions.

Interestingly enough, Clayton also said that if the Jets had their pick of D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Matt Leinart, they'd probably take D'Brick.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Titans | Team definitely impressed with Leinart
    Tue, 4 Apr 2006 06:32:07 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans walked away from two days of visiting with USC QB Matt Leinart "definitely impressed" by the quarterback. They worked him out Monday, April 3, and then had dinner with him and his family Monday evening. "Matt's very bright, which we expected,'' general manager Floyd Reese said. "I think he has a real passion for the game, which is very, very important. And it seems like he has his priorities pretty well squared away, and that is very important, too. On top of that he's a very talented quarterback. I'd say we were definitely impressed.'' They spent three hours watching film and going over plays with him on the chalkboard in a meeting room on the USC campus. Then they headed to the same practice field where Leinart showed his arm strength and mobility to NFL scouts at his Pro Day workout Sunday, April 2. As for the practice field, all indications were that Leinart threw better Monday than he did on Sunday. The Titans didn't ask Leinart to run the 40-yard dash. Reese said the Titans plan to have Leinart visit Tennessee soon as well.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Smokescreen clap clap smokescreen clap clap

We're too close to the draft to take anyone at the top's word at face value.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I can see the Titans liking VY. He's a prototype of McNair and so their offense wouldn't look all that different.

But dad gum, not the Titans. I'm too big of a VY fan to stomach 10 playing for the Titans.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

I like Texas(2nd to NC state), my grand dad was from there, but I was never a big VY fan, don't know why, I just don't think he will be a great pro.