Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Clemens signs w/ Chargers & other free agent notes

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Clemens signs w/ Chargers & other free agent notes

I suppose I wouldn't mind Sanchez, but I'd still draft someone like Murray, Thomas, Mettenberg, just to name a few.

Who knows, Sam may get hurt again and who better to come in than someone who knows just as much about the system as Bradford does, perhaps even more.

Plus he's got playoff experience, so he can't be all bad, particularly in a backup role.

Obviously, salary may be a major hurdle.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

What I want to know is how is Bernie Kosar is taking the news about Clemens?!
    KoaKoi and Rammed like this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Mikey is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    What I want to know is how is Bernie Kosar is taking the news about Clemens?!
    Oh please tell me they play the Chargers in 2014. I might pay money to listen to that broadcast.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Titans

The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans are expected to release QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    The move would save $3.25 million. After signing Charlie Whitehurst to be Jake Locker's backup Thursday, Fitzpatrick is no longer needed. Fitzpatrick is a gazillion times better than Whitehurst, but Whitehurst and coach Ken Whisenhunt have a history. Fitz would vault near the top of a pitiful free-agent QB market.

If the Titans cut Fitz he would be my first choice.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Titans

The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans are expected to release QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    The move would save $3.25 million. After signing Charlie Whitehurst to be Jake Locker's backup Thursday, Fitzpatrick is no longer needed. Fitzpatrick is a gazillion times better than Whitehurst, but Whitehurst and coach Ken Whisenhunt have a history. Fitz would vault near the top of a pitiful free-agent QB market.

If the Titans cut Fitz he would be my first choice.
    1yr 3.5 million dollars gets the job done ya? FITZ is not a bad qb either. He could def fill in if Bradford went down again.

kman is offline Registered User

Re: Couple free agent notes

im not devastated Clemens is gone at all, but I am surprised..Rivers never gets hurt whereas Bradfords is injury prone..hes assured himself he will be holding aclipboard all season..

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I will only consent to bringing in the hypothetical Sanchize if I am allowed to throw tomatoes at him during pregame warmups and from a free 50 yard line seat at every home game. That is all.

Okay, it's not all. Fitz would be good by me, as would taking a look at Weeden, as would AJ McCarron if he's there in the 3rd.
    Randart likes this.
    I believe!

Randart is offline Registered User

Sanchise if he is released might be our best option as far as chances to win games. Doubt A.J. gets out of the second round he was too awesome at the combine. Someone with wisdom will gobble the ladd up in round 2 I believe. And he will be a keeper, if we get enough 2nd's trading back I hope we get him then we would be set at QB. Sammy, Sanchise and A.J. would give us all we need for years to come even if god forbid injuries take down a couple guys. I think Fitz and Austin D. have run their courses here hope to heaven we don't have to depend on them. We really need to upgrade our QB's for the good of the franchise. Tonight I gave thanks to the heavens and the Chargers for signing KC a great move for him and for the Rams! I really feel allot like Kosar about KC and hope to never have to watch him again. I am sure he hopes as much as most of us that Rivers stays healthy. I think Kell had enough of being a crash test dummy for the NFC west defenders last season! LOL

Also here is to hoping our Oh Line woes get fixed with the draft and FA Frenzy... Go Rams! And KC check out La Costa Beach nice waves and off the beaten path a bit North County SD is great! Enjoy your pre retirement!

Rammed is offline Registered User

He doubled his salary (800Kish to 3M over 2 years) and has a nice sunny back up job. Not bad for a lifetime back up.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I doubt the Rams were offering him that much, fair play to Kellen!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Would Sanchez be an upgrade over Clemens? I think so.....

demiurge is offline Registered User

Yeah, I'd be fine with Sanchez for the right price. He's definitely got some talent - what he needs is focus. We'll see if a change of scenery will help that.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I don't want Sanchez under any circumstances. He's lazy and the fact that he's familiar with Schotty's system will make him more lazy. He uses bad judgment and he's more into GQ than football. I don't think he'll want to come to St. Louis anyway and thus far he's not a free agent, so what are we talking about? We can draft a college prospect with developmental goals. Remember, if Sam fizzles out this year (hopefully not) he may not be our QB of the future. Let Sanchez go to AZ where all USC QB's go to retire Matt Leinart & Carson Palmer. Can Matt Barkley be far behind?

Go Rams!

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Oh please tell me they play the Chargers in 2014. I might pay money to listen to that broadcast.
    Rams DO play the Chargers this year, in San Diego. Already got some die hard fans ready to make the trip to support the horns.... just waiting for the nfl to release the date so we know which weekend it will be.

your welcome!
    Last edited by KoaKoi; -03-14-2014 at 02:42 PM. Reason: grammaticz. gots to gets it right

Rambos is offline Registered User

Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Free Agent

Titans released QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    We knew this one was coming, but it's still a head scratcher. Fitzpatrick is not quite a starting-caliber quarterback, but is a high-end backup, one capable of winning games. That's important for a team with one of the league's most brittle starters, but instead the Titans are going with an embarrassingly bad Charlie Whitehurst. Fitzpatrick was due just $2.75 million in 2014, so it's not about money. The Titans like Checkdown Charlie's experience in coach Ken Whisenhunt's system, but they're not going to like the chance he gives them to win if he's forced to play. Fitz vaults to the top of a weak quarterback class.
    Related: Titans
    Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitte

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast