peramoure is offline Registered User

Cmoooooooooooon! Cromartie?!

5th revision to this freaking post. Apparently this a 3rd round pick, that could become a 2nd round pick. Why didn't we do this?!

Seriously?! A 3rd (possibly 2nd assuming we are not awful) round pick for a better than average corner? CMON!

How many 3rd round picks make it to the level Cromartie has? I would guess.. less than 10%. The risk of a 3rd rounder for Cromartie is by far and away worth the reward.

Last year.. Bradley Fletcher.

Someone tell me you would prefer a 3rd round Fletcher over CROMARTIE at 3rd round!

The only reason we wouldn't do this is the money, and effin' A - that drives me crazy. Even a great nickel corner is worth a 3rd rounder.

Cromartie for Prez. If our 3rd rounder doesn't pan out I'm going to be pissed.

David
    Last edited by peramoure; -03-05-2010 at 04:36 AM.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Cmoooooooooooon! Cromartie?!

I don't think the money was necessarily the thing here. Cromartie, imo, is one of those high risk/high reward kind of guys that may work for a playoff team. He hasn't been that great since his rookie year & there's quite a bit of off-field stuff.

And if we are going to give up a pick for someone, I'd rather it were a better bet(do you really think The Chargers would let a first rounder go after only 3 seasons if they thought the light was coming on?) & at a spot where there's even less potential like DE,LB,etc.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Id take 3rd round Bradley Fletcher over Cromartie. Did you see Cromartie's play last year? In his biggest game of the season, the playoff game against the Jets, he pretty much refused to tackle. This isnt a joke about him whiffing on tackles, he literally did not make any effort to stop the guy running past him. Look at Shonn Greene's TD run, and Cromartie comes in from the side, could easily make the tackle and he just stops.
    I wouldnt even give a seventh rounder for a guy that plays defence and isnt going to tackle.

Thats not even mentioning the fact he is an off field nightmare, with tons of traffic offences and paternity suits. Seven kids with many different women?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

I'd rather not trade high draft picks for players with hefty contract demands who don't plan on sticking around once their current contract is up.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

He is gone to the Jets.

Clara, the whole post was about him going to the Jets.

Anyway, the Jets are an aggressive team - and with their coach they make aggressive moves. Meaning, you go get a player that might have some flaws but might have gigantic reward. For a third rounder, it is a no brainer. The likelyhood a 3rd rounder becomes the caliber of player that Cromartie is slim to none. He isn't a physical corner, he is a finesse corner, and basing your reasoning off a play against Shonne Greene is silly. He's better than what we have, or what we'll get, in the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    Clara, the whole post was about him going to the Jets.

Anyway, the Jets are an aggressive team - and with their coach they make aggressive moves. Meaning, you go get a player that might have some flaws but might have gigantic reward. For a third rounder, it is a no brainer. The likelyhood a 3rd rounder becomes the caliber of player that Cromartie is slim to none. He isn't a physical corner, he is a finesse corner, and basing your reasoning off a play against Shonne Greene is silly. He's better than what we have, or what we'll get, in the 3rd round.
    So you would be happy with Cromartie letting a guy run past him and score a TD without any attempt at a tackle because he is a "finesse corner"?

Dude, go read my response on the "If I were BD:" thread. I'm so sick of this crap. Explain to me why the JETS, the best defense in the league, seem to think Cromartie is a freaking STEAL, but the Rams can't hold a candle to him. Our amazing, physical, dominant defense has no use for this weak, character plagued corner! Banished to New York you go!

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    Dude, go read my response on the "If I were BD:" thread. I'm so sick of this crap. Explain to me why the JETS, the best defense in the league, seem to think Cromartie is a freaking STEAL, but the Rams can't hold a candle to him. Our amazing, physical, dominant defense has no use for this weak, character plagued corner! Banished to New York you go!

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Vomit.
    Explain to me why San Diego doesnt think enough of Cromartie to keep him around and only took a third round pick for him?

The Jets can use Cromartie because they have a good defense to support his weak play. They have a great pass rush and a good run defense. You put him on the Rams and he is going to struggle badly like he did with San Diego, if not worse.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

The Rams seem really high on Bradley Fletcher. Didn't BD recently refer to him as a "star in the making" or something like that? I remember they were high on him last year as well before his injury.

So if we're actually happy with our personnel at CB, why waste a 3rd round pick on a guy who had 1 good season 2 or 3 years ago?

shower beers is offline Registered User

Cromartie wouldn't last in our poor pass rushing defense, his attitude and work ethic are a joke, and we won't be giving up a draft pick in the top of any of the first three rounds for this guy. This man is relying on his reputation from what, 2007?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

You're also forgetting the most important reason why the Jets traded for Cromartie. They can't sign UFAs without one leaving.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

The Jets can afford to roll the dice on Cromartie because they already have the top CB in the league. Not to mention they have a young team that is by-in-large assembled and don't have any glaring needs to be filled. If they lose a 3rd round pick, so be it. The risk v. reward for NY isn't the same as it would have been for the Rams.