Thread: Colt McCoy

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Colt McCoy

NFL Network reports Rams did not attend Colt pro-day workout. I can only assume that the Rams have no plans to draft a QB in the 2nd round?

Looks like Bradford is the only QB on the Rams radar?

Anythoughts as to why the Rams did not attend his pro-day workout?

Go Rams

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Colt McCoy

They've scheduled a private workout for the 8th of April, to the best of my knowledge.

This is because they had scheduling clashes today and couldn't be in two places at once The 8th will give us a good chance to look at him in person on top of the footage from today. I wouldn't rule out a Suh/McCoy day one combination just yet.

TakeSuh is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    NFL Network reports Rams did not attend Colt pro-day workout. I can only assume that the Rams have no plans to draft a QB in the 2nd round?

Looks like Bradford is the only QB on the Rams radar?

Anythoughts as to why the Rams did not attend his pro-day workout?

Go Rams
    have you looked at the posts below or on espn or on the 200,000 posts on the internet saying they scheduled a private workout with him?

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TakeSuh View Post
    have you looked at the posts below or on espn or on the 200,000 posts on the internet saying they scheduled a private workout with him?
    Apparently not, which is why he asked......

I don't see the Rams changing their minds on Mccoy simply because of a Pro Day. Remember the Rams seemingly did so with Bradford because it was more of an attribute evaluation. They knew what he could do on tape BEFORE his injury. With his Pro Day, they wanted to see if he showed discomfort in his throws, was the arm strength there, was his release still quick, could he make all the throws. He answered all those questions so it was more of a confirmation.

With Mccoy it will be more or less the same. They want to see his arm strength up close to make a more accurate assessment. Want to see if he can make all the throws which for Mccoy, is more in question that for Bradford. They know what they have in Mccoy from the tape and honeslty i think they're simply doing their due diligence on the matter. Not looking at Mccoy's workout at all is pretty much telling the league they aren't seriously consider Mccoy.

Barring some scandal or upset, Bradford is the guy and I stand by that decision all day.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

If there's a King's Ransom Trade with Washington, we could acquire a lot more picks and still grab McCoy in the 2nd. Obviously with all the hype on Bradford, I'd like to see the Rams pick him but if we get a deal we can't refuse, I'd love to see us obtain more picks while still getting a QB whose definitely a fit for the WCO.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

Maybe a little bit off topic, but I have a question. This kind of workout is in St Louis ? Who are the WR during the workout ?
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.