tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Compensatory Picks

Have they been announced yet? I havent heard anything about them but i read a Kiper mock that said there is one third round compensatory pick, so i was wondering if they had announced them.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Compensatory Picks

Yes. We have two 7th Round Compensatory Picks.
    RamsFan16

Really? Thats crap!

I suppose they didnt look at production then, because we let go Bryce Fisher and Tommy Polly who had fairly decent years and bought in Coakley and Claiborne who were crap

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...E?OpenDocument

Rams receive two additional picks for 2006 draft
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    03/27/2006
    NFL Tagliabue
    NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue speaks to the media Monday at the NFL owners meeting in Orlando.
    (Brian Myrick/AP)

ORLANDO, Fla. — The compensatory draft pick system won’t be nearly as beneficial to the Rams this April as in recent years. The Rams were awarded only two compensatory picks Monday by the National Football League, their lowest total in four years.

Both 2006 compensatory picks are seventh-rounders, Nos. 242 and 243 overall in the draft April 29-30.

"We were actually anticipating that," coach Scott Linehan said Monday from Orlando, where he is attending the NFL owners meetings. "It was probably about right on with what Jay (Zygmunt) said we were going to get."

Under terms of the NFL collective bargaining agreement, a team losing more _ or better _ free agents than it acquires in a year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks the following year.

Prior to this season, the Rams had been awarded four compensatory picks in 2003, ’04, and ’05, including fourth-rounders in ’04 and ’05.

But make no mistake, Linehan will take the two seventh-rounders.

"It’s nice to have that option, because there’s going to be guys that are going to be priority (undrafted) free agents that you’d like to be able to get," Linehan said. "You can get some pretty good guys there."

The Rams have done fairly well with compensatory picks recently. Last season, offensive guard Claude Terrell (4th round), quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick (7th round), and fullback Madison Hedgecock (7th round) were all compensatory picks.

Linebacker Brandon Chillar, quarterback Jeff Smoker, center Larry Turner, and tight end Brandon Manumaleuna also were drafted in past years by the Rams using compensatory picks.

I think we should have gotten more but its ok I guess.
    RamsFan16

i think next year we should get some very god compensatory picks after losing Pickett and Arch

RamWraith is offline Registered User

There is a magical formula the NFL uses, and being a name isn't one of them. Performance will be the bench mark, but I am guessing with our additions of Glover, Chavous and Witherspoon we are looking at a wash if not us getting the better deal. I wouldn't hold my breath on getting much next season.

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    i think next year we should get some very god compensatory picks after losing Pickett and Arch

Crap! Totally forgot about that. The Witherspoon signing alone probably outweighs the Pickett and Arch losses