sdobbers is offline Registered User

Complete 2 round draft v 1.0

ROUND ONE
    ***TRADE***
    Tampa Bay trades their 1st (#3), 2nd (#42) and 2011 5th round pick to St. Louis for their 1st (#1).

1. Tampa Bay (via trade) --- Ndamukong Suh (DT) --- Nebraska
    Suh will continue to get hyped up, and the Bucs will buy into it. In the end, they’ll feel like Suh is the man they need so they go ahead and make the trade. With this selection, they begin remaking their famous Tampa-2 defense, which needs a strong DT.
    2. Detroit --- Gerald McCoy (DT) --- Oklahoma
    The Lions dreams of drafting Suh come crashing down once the Bucs-Rams trade is announced. Instead they have to “settle” for McCoy, who is a perfect fit for their system and a solid DT in his own right.
    3. St. Louis (via trade) --- Jimmy Clausen (QB) --- Notre Dame
    This pick will not be popular among Ram’s fans, but in the end this will be the man Spag’s ends up picking. I believe after the interviews and private workouts that Spag’s will see a franchise QB in Clausen. Now that the QB situation is resolved, it’s time to give him some weapons…
    4. Washington --- Anthony Davis (LT) --- Rutgers
    Anthony Davis? Don’t you mean Russell Okung?! Nope you read it right, I think that after a massive showing at the combine that Davis will slip past Okung to the #1 LT spot on some teams draft boards.

***TRADE***
    Buffalo trades their 1st (#9) and 3rd (#72) to Kansas City for their 1st (#5).

5. Buffalo (via trade) --- Sam Bradford (QB) --- Oklahoma
    With Seattle potentially looking to pick up a QB of the future, the Bills pull the trigger and trade up to snatch Bradford. They now have their franchise signal-caller.
    6. Seattle --- Russell Okung (LT) --- Oklahoma St.
    With both QB’s off the board the Seahawks could go several different ways here. In the end, I think they’ll decide to upgrade their offensive line so that their future QB will be able to stay upright. With this pick they get a solid franchise LT.
    7. Cleveland --- Eric Berry (S) --- Tennessee
    The Browns desperately need some help in their secondary. They could use a shut-down corner, but it’s too hard to pass up on Berry, so instead they get a playmaking safety in the clone of Ed Reed.
    8. Oakland --- Bruce Campbell (LT) --- Maryland
    This would be the logical pick because their O-Line needs some major help. However, as we all know…we don’t know who Davis will end up picking here.
    9. Kansas City (via trade) --- Rolando McClain (LB) --- Alabama
    The Chief’s trade back and still manage to land McClain who is a playmaker, and a leader on defense.
    10. Jacksonville --- Derrick Morgan (DE) --- Georgia Tech
    Very easy pick for the Jaguars, they desperately need some help getting to the opposing QB.

***TRADE***
    Tennessee trades their 1st (#16) and 3rd (#78) to Denver for their 1st (#11).

11. Tennessee (via trade) --- Joe Haden (CB) --- Florida
    With Haden still on the board Tennessee and Atlanta will try and trade up. In the end, Tennessee will win…but only because trading with Atlanta will move Denver too far back.
    12. Miami --- Sergio Kindle (DE/OLB) --- Texas
    A lot of people think this pick will be Bryant, however, Parcells doesn’t like to draft WR’s in the 1st round. Instead, he likes to spend his picks on pass-rushing LB’s.
    13. San Francisco --- Earl Thomas (S) --- Texas
    Gives an immediate upgrade to the ***** secondary; he’s a ball-hawking safety.
    14. Seattle --- Brian Price (DT) --- UCLA
    Seattle could go any number of ways, but I think they’ll pick up a solid DT to help them out on defense. They have a great LB corps, and hopefully Price will help free them up a bit.
    15. New York Giants --- Dan Williams (DT) --- Tennessee
    This pick gives them a run-stuffing DT, his size will allow him to take up a lot of room.
    16. Denver (via trade) --- Mike Iupati (OG) --- Idaho
    Had Denver traded with Atlanta, then Pittsburgh would have been able to snag Iupati. With this pick they get an extremely strong guard who can open up some holes for the running game.
    17. San Francisco --- Trent Williams (RT) --- Oklahoma
    Williams is one of the better offensive tackles in the draft and should allow Smith to have some more time in the pocket.
    18. Pittsburgh --- Bryan Bulaga (LT) --- Iowa
    The Steelers need an upgrade on the offensive line…Bulaga will allow Big Ben to have more time in the pocket.
    19. Atlanta --- Brandon Graham (DE/OLB) --- Michigan
    The Falcons need help on the D-Line and in the Linebacking corps. Graham has the potential to fill in at either of those two spots, and because of his Senior Bowl outing he should be flying up the draft boards.
    ***TRADE***
    Baltimore trades their 1st (#25) and 2011 3rd to Houston for their 1st (#20).

20. Baltimore (via trade) --- Dez Bryant (WR) --- Oklahoma St.
    Baltimore could really use a good target for Flacco to throw to, and somehow Bryant is still on the board. Feeling the pressure from the Bengals, they trade up to grab Bryant before the Bengals have a chance to.
    21. Cincinnati --- Jermaine Gresham (TE) --- Oklahoma
    With Bryant just barely failing to drop to them, they go ahead and take the next best receiving option in the draft. Gresham gives Palmer a new kind of target, and fills a need.
    22. New England --- Jerry Hughes (DE/OLB) --- TCU
    Hughes is a great 3-4 OLB, and will help the Pats pass-rushing attack.
    23. Green Bay --- Charles Brown (LT) --- Southern California
    Their O-Line was getting torn apart for most of the season and with this pick they give Rodgers a solid LT that he can rely on.
    24. Philadelphia --- Everson Griffen (DE) --- Georgia Tech
    Philly could go several different ways, but I think they’ll end up focusing on the defense. With this pick, Griffen will help increase their pass-rush.
    25. Houston --- Kyle Wilson (CB) --- Boise State
    They could have chosen Wilson at #20, but he’s a better value here. He’ll bring a much needed upgrade to the Texan’s secondary.
    26. Arizona --- Sean Weatherspoon (OLB) --- Missouri
    The Cards manage to land one of the best LB’s in the draft, and a true leader at that.
    27. Dallas --- Chad Jones (S) --- LSU
    I can see his stock rising quite a bit after the combine, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Cowboys go after him…if Iupati is off the board.
    28. San Diego --- C.J. Spiller (RB) --- Clemson
    Spiller’s free-fall finally ends here. With LT getting old, the Chargers bring in a fresh set of legs.
    29. New York Jets --- Golden Tate (WR) --- Notre Dame
    Tate is a speedy wide receiver who should give Sanchez a good target to throw to.
    30. Minnesota --- Jared Odrick (DT) --- Penn State
    With one of the Williams potentially retiring, they could use a replacement at this position. Even if William doesn’t retire, it’s nice to get a little youth back at the position.
    31. Indianapolis --- Patrick Robinson (CB) --- Florida State
    Could see them going OT here (such as Ducasse), but I think they’ll end up going with a defensive back.
    32. New Orleans --- Navorro Bowman (OLB) --- Penn State
    They were hoping that Weatherspoon was going to fall to them, but instead they manage to land a solid LB in Bowman.

ROUND TWO

33. St. Louis --- Damian Williams (WR) --- USC
    Now that the Rams have their franchise QB, he needs a #1 to throw to. Williams is one of the better all-around receivers in this draft, and he has great route-running skills. He could potentially one day be the Reggie Wayne of the Rams.
    34. Detroit --- Donovan Warren (CB) --- Michigan
    35. Tampa Bay --- Nate Allen (S) --- South Florida
    36. Kansas City --- Maurkice Pouncey (OG/C) --- Florida
    37. Washington --- Vladimir Ducasse (OG/T) --- Massachusetts
    38. Cleveland --- Brandon Spikes (ILB) --- Florida
    39. Oakland --- Brandon Ghee (CB) --- Wake Forest
    40. Seattle --- Tony Pike (QB) --- Cincinnati
    41. Buffalo --- Brandon LaFell (WR) --- LSU
    42. St. Louis (via trade) --- Rob Gronkowski (TE) --- Arizonia
    The Rams continue to give Clausen weapons on offense with this pick. Gronkowski is a great blocker who can buy time for Clausen or open up holes for Jackson. He also has great hands and will be a huge red-zone threat.
    43. Miami --- Terrance Cody (NT) --- Alabama
    44. New England --- Arrelious Benn (WR) --- Illinois
    45. Denver --- Carlos Dunlap (DE) --- Florida
    46. New York Giants --- Taylor Mays (S) --- USC
    47. Carolina --- Jason Pierre-Paul (DE) --- South Florida
    48. New England --- Jon Asamoah (OG) --- Illinois
    49. San Francisco --- Syd’Quan Thompson (CB) --- California
    50. Kansas City --- Jason Fox (OT) --- Miami (FL)
    51. Houston --- Jahvid Best (RB) --- California
    52. Pittsburgh --- Morgan Burnett (S) --- Georgia Tech
    53. New England --- Corey Wootton (DE) --- Northwestern
    54. Cincinnati --- Mardy Gilyard (WR) --- Cincinnati
    55. Philadelphia --- Eric Norwood (OLB) --- South Carolina
    56. Green Bay --- Devin McCourty (CB) --- Rutgers
    57. Baltimore --- Greg Hardy (DE) --- Ole Miss
    58. Arizona --- Daryl Washington (ILB) --- TCU
    59. Dallas --- Kyle Calloway (OT) --- Iowa
    60. San Diego --- Lamarr Houston (DT) --- Texas
    61. New York Jets --- Dominique Franks (CB) --- Oklahoma
    62. Minnesota --- Colt McCoy (QB) --- Texas
    63. Indianapolis --- Selvish Capers (LT) --- West Virginia
    64. New Orleans --- Ricky Sapp (DE) --- Clemson

ROUND THREE

65. St. Louis --- Geno Atkins (DT) --- Georgia
    This might be a little high for Atkins, but I believe after his great showing at the Senior Bowl that he’ll be moving up some teams draft boards. Atkins has great penetration skills.

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: Complete 2 round draft v 1.0

there is no way williams goes ahead all those other 2nd round recievers u have...

he is short, skinny, and not as good as the rest....I wouldn't even want him in round 3

Out of the other receivers I have going in the 2nd, I could see us picking up Benn...

LaFell is good, but I don't think he's a #1 wideout...and if we draft a WR I think he needs to be a #1 receiver.

richtree is offline Registered User

Alexander is leaps and bound better than Williams and is a number 1 reciever

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

If we take a trade and go QB in the first, then I'd hope we'd take a top DE or LB with our next pick I'd grab Dunlap or Pierre-Paul in a heart-beat at the top of two. Then why not grab D. Thomas at WR with our other second, or even at the top of 3 if you have him falling that far. I think he's a pretty daunting receiver to cover and could make for an incredible target with some work in camp. Still love Arthur Jones though!

Alexander is a projected 3rd/4th round draft pick, he would be a huge reach in the 2nd. He's also been plagued by injuries, although I will admit he is very good. As for Pierre-Paul, I'm not too hot on him...he had one good season and is being hyped up a lot. I think he has a lot of bust potential.

Dunlap is a possiblity, Thomas is still very raw but he is an option.

So in the 2nd so far we have:
    - Carlos Dunlap DE
    - Arrelious Benn WR
    - Demaryius Thomas WR

as options.
    Last edited by sdobbers; -02-17-2010 at 12:25 AM.