Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Completely and totally disappointed

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Completely and totally disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The Patriots took Duron freakin' Harmon
    Actual middle name.
    Nick and DE_Ramfan like this.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

While I'm not as excited as some people, I don't hate the Austin pick. I do think a mid 1st and 2nd pick is a lot for a WR like him, but he has a lot of potential, so it should be a wait and see. He's not a typical #1 or 2 WR. He's a wild card player that few teams have. We've have trouble scoring, but he may win a few games himself. I'd say he has a high floor, so at worst he still wouldn't be a bust. He may not lead the league in catches, yards or tds, but opposing defense will be worried about him, which could open things up for others as well.

I like the Ogletree pick, and think LB was a bigger need then most people think. We struggled against the run, and I think Dunbar overachieved.

Plus I don't think this draft was that good. So if there are a few players the Rams think are above the rest, it's not that bad to trade up for them. At least unlike previous seasons we aren't the NY Jets.
    Last edited by md8; -04-27-2013 at 12:08 AM.
    lostsoul and McRam like this.

Action_Jackson is offline Registered User

Many of the experts stated that the Rams would be lucky to get either Austin or Ogletree.

We ended up with both.

We are no longer rebuilding, we are competing. This is year 2 and in year 3 we will add the final pieces to the jigsaw. If that means we have to pick up a veteran FS and/or SS this year after the draft so be it.

Lets not forget Baccari Rambo is still available and may fall to us today. Or we can move up and get him.

Austin is an improvement on Amendola and for a fraction of the price. Ogletree is not just a standard OLB.

If we manage to add Rambo or Lattimore (Stash him till he fully recovers) to Austin, Ogletree, McDonald and Bailey it will be an excellent draft this year.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345