Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Considering Clausen for the Rams next QB

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Considering how highly ranked Notre Dame's recruiting classes are, lack of talent is NEVER an excuse for a career losing record as a starter.

Having 4th Quarter comebacks are nice. Needing to stage a 4th Quarter comeback to defeat teams like Purdue raises alarming red flags.
    Please get the facts right before you make assumptions. First off Notre Dame under Charlie Wise recruited great offensive talent, that is why Jimmy Claussen lead a top 10 college offense. There defense was horrendous. He did what was expected with his offensive talent, which is overrated in the first place. His line stunk and so did his RBs. Tate and Floyd are great receivers there is no doubt about that, but really not much else. Just because they had highly ranked recruting classes doesn't mean they actually produced. I'll name you 2 recruit bust of the top of my head Sam Young at offensive tackle bust!!!!!! Armando Allen and all other RBs bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy Claussen got injured that Purdue game and didn't play half the game. Dan Christ stunk it up and Jimmy had to mount a heroic comeback. The fact he came back injured and threw the game winning TD is amazing regardless of who he played.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post

Clausen = Bradford without the maturity. I'm worried about Clausen's lack of maturity and decision making OFF the field. Other than that, on the field there is very little to question about his play.
    What off field problems are you talking about? I would like to know I thought he was pretty squeaky clean. The only incident I have heard of is when some punk fan punched him in the face when he hanging out with family at a local bar. Wasn't really his fault on that one.

the problem i hear are the complaints about his height and he could be as short as 6-1. I don't buy because he has played well with a bad o-line with 3 guys at 6-5 and 2 at 6-8. Also Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Aaron rodgers, and Tony Romo have all done fine all at 6'2 or shorter.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Clausen is 6'3 and 230 lbs (a lot of places have him at 220 but that was prior to the season - he, Bradford and Locker all gained considerable size).

There were reports out that Clausen was busted with Mike Golic's son but they all disappeared with Golic getting bust again later with another player. There were also multiple rumors he had an alcohol problem his first 2 years at ND. If you read up on him you'll see, Weis and people within the program made repeated comments this past summer that Clausen had made great strides at becoming a mature leader.

I'm an Irish fan and like the kid and honestly see him as better than Sanchez or Stafford of last season. I just think Bradford is better and safer.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Clausen is 6'3 and 230 lbs (a lot of places have him at 220 but that was prior to the season - he, Bradford and Locker all gained considerable size).

There were reports out that Clausen was busted with Mike Golic's son but they all disappeared with Golic getting bust again later with another player. There were also multiple rumors he had an alcohol problem his first 2 years at ND. If you read up on him you'll see, Weis and people within the program made repeated comments this past summer that Clausen had made great strides at becoming a mature leader.

I'm an Irish fan and like the kid and honestly see him as better than Sanchez or Stafford of last season. I just think Bradford is better and safer.
    O wow I didn't know any of this it is a little disturbing, but what College Kid doesn't party alot and drink. He has become more mature so that is inspiring.

You can argue Bradford is better, but safer? After being one of the least sacked QBs in the past he looses his 2 best O lineman and goes down with the 2 hits he took this season. Our for the year with a shoulder injury. He also plays in the spread so you don't really know how we will translate under center. Better, IMO he isn't, but there is an argument to be made there is no doubt about that. IMO Bradford and Claussen are the top 2 QBs in draft and I think we can agree on that. We both seem to be DisLockers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12