keith m. klink Guest

COPYCAT DRAFTING this year ?

AS we all know , this league is a copycat league . Each and every year a differant spin sets the NFL ablaze . this past year it was the neverending rush of QUALITY DEFENSIVE LINEMEN pushing offenses back on their heels and QB'S back on their ARSES .

Many teams will evaluate their rosters and see where they might be able to slip in this change , and i sure do hope the RAMS make the best copy .

i still believe that the RAMS need 2 DE's with the talent to be starters . And with some issues at LB with depth and a possible spot for a new starter from the draft , i still think that a 2-DE draft in the high rounds could still take place . LONG / GROVES or even a GHOLSTON / LANGFORD .

all i know is we have a DE crew that needs more youth and power , and if this is what we have know , i would like you all to give the rams 2 DE'S IN A MOCK DRAFT that could be day one starters .

I will start with 2 scenario's 1st rd - C.LONG , 2ND rd - Q. GROVES .

AND FOR A SECOND TRY 1st rd - V. GHOLSTON , 4TH rd - J. JONES

this is just a try , to see how we all feel about the DE's position and where we think it's heading and our reasons for thinking that way .

please discuss , and lets chew some fat .

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: COPYCAT DRAFTING this year ?

Gholston 1st, Langford 3rd, and Brian Johnston 6th. This assumes a OT like a Cherilus is taken 2nd. Possibly a WR like Hawkins, if he slips to the top of the 4th, but I am not completely sold on the WR need. I'd rather have some big freaking uglies. Especially on the DL.

There is an immediate starter, possibly two. You could run 4-3 with a combination Gholston, Carriker, Ryan/Glover, Little or you could run a 3-4 with a combination Carriker, Ryan, Langford/Johnston with Gholston, Will, Draft, Little (not sure on little here) in the LB's. Adenajahu <spelling> fits in there also.

Shoot, I hope DT Pat Sims slips and can be had somewhere in there.

This assumes Chris Long goes #1 to Miami.
    Last edited by Richbert88; -03-16-2008 at 01:54 PM.
    Semper Fi!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    Gholston 1st, Langford 3rd, and Brian Johnston 6th. This assumes a OT like a Cherilus is taken 2nd. Possibly a WR like Hawkins, if he slips to the top of the 4th, but I am not completely sold on the WR need. I'd rather have some big freaking uglies. Especially on the DL.

There is an immediate starter, possibly two. You could run 4-3 with a combination Gholston, Carriker, Ryan/Glover, Little or you could run a 3-4 with a combination Carriker, Ryan, Langford/Johnston with Gholston, Will, Draft, Little (not sure on little here) in the LB's. Adenajahu <spelling> fits in there also.

Shoot, I hope DT Pat Sims slips and can be had somewhere in there.

This assumes Chris Long goes #1 to Miami.
    Exactly, Chris Long is on the top of my board. But Gholston doesn't seem to be a bad pick up either. Hopefullly the Rams make a good move and draft a DE, if not, then we shouldnt even stress out about winning.

As Klink said, if we have good DE's and great pass rushing, we can pressure the QB. Which is what got the Giants to win this year. I saw that, and immediately thought that we needed pass rush. I'm sorry Jake Long and Glenn Dorsey fans, they won't offer us a DE pass rush.

Though I won't be too upset if Jake Long is drafted, I would prefer Chris Long and Vernon Gholston over Jake Long anyday.

Let's hope Daveney thinks the same.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I agree that the need for some offensive line help is greater than that for a wide receiver, however, I think that there is a pretty good chance that a second round lineman will be sucked into the late first and that first round receivers will slip, thereby making that the value pick in the second, not an OT. The OT class is deeper than the receiver class as well, meaning we should be able to get a pretty good one in the third, while a receiver there will be drastically less talented than at the top of the second.