Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Re: corner vs. linebacker

A LB but, we need Olineman also maybe we can get help in the FA market next year! Dline also!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I also think the Rams need to consider looking at DEs early.
    If we lose out the rest of the season, we could pick high enough to get Mario Williams. That would take a little of the sting out of a 5-11 season.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    3 years left in Little. By that time Hargrove takes over for Little
    This is a great point. Unlike most of the aging talent we have, time is not against us with Hargrove. Assuming we re-sign him, even after 3 years of 2nd string behind Little, Hargrove will only be 25. Plenty of time for him to develop and learn.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    A LB but, we need Olineman also maybe we can get help in the FA market next year! Dline also!
    Let's not forget that with Incognito, we basically have an extra draft pick for our OL this year. We gave up a 3rd rounder last year, for (if the knee is 100%) a first round talent next year.

general counsel is online now Registered User

i think O line is a low priority. with the signing of mccollum and pace, barron and terrell returning and sapiaia in the utility and possibly the starting guard role, adding incognito, we are young and in pretty good shape. they need to play together as a unit and the young guys need to develop, but i think we have guys in place on the o line that can play, they just need time to develop. compared to the needs on defense, low priority.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    If we lose out the rest of the season, we could pick high enough to get Mario Williams. That would take a little of the sting out of a 5-11 season.
    i don't think mario williams will last beyond the 7th pick...
    he was a man amongst boys in the collegiate ranks...

kiwanuka(sp?) of boston college is a pass rush phenom in the mold of charles haley and simeon rice that may be available in the middle of the 1st...

my favorite is a DT of fsu, broderick bunkley 6'2" 290...he play reminds me of thomas henry DT of vikings past...he should be available in the 2nd round...
    Last edited by rampete; -12-05-2005 at 12:24 PM. Reason: sp

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

You are right, Mario wont get out of the top five if he declares. I am a huge state fan and have seen all of Mario's home games and bowl games and I really hope he doesn't declare this year. Manny Lawson across from him is a phisical freak and can still add 20 pounds to his frame without losing a step and can terrorize a passer, he should be around in the third. Nick what do you think of him?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Guys, I honestly think we need to look at the D line again and fess up to the point that we didn't draft very well here. We need a push up front to get to the QB to help our secondary.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Guys, I honestly think we need to look at the D line again and fess up to the point that we didn't draft very well here. We need a push up front to get to the QB to help our secondary.

Hit the nail right on the head!,,,,,you'd be surprised on what a pass rush will do to another teams offensive scheme if disrupt it!...........

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by serkicker32
    ...Manny Lawson across from him is a phisical freak and can still add 20 pounds to his frame without losing a step and can terrorize a passer, he should be around in the third. Nick what do you think of him?
    lawson is a physical specimen to behold, but having said that he's not on the same level of talent as williams...lawson doesn't have that cat-like quickness that only williams and a handful of nfl DEs have. not speed but agility and change of direction quickness...

the only knock on williams is that he doesn't hustle on every play, which is hard to do given his size 6'6" 285...he's far from a guarantee but i haven't seen a more promising 4-3 type DE in terms of pass rush and run defender in a while...

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    absolutely!!!! But I think we are gonna need some o-guards. The bookends are set but I'm a little leary of the middle. Actually we aren't gonna know how good the secondary is till there's some kinda pass rush Right? So maybe D-line and the backers should be are play of priority. What do I know but that would seem logical to me!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

i don't think mario williams will last beyond the 7th pick...
    thus being the reason I said, we'd have to lose out the season to get him. A 5-11 season should get us in the #5-#7 range, where he would be available.

However, that also means the niners will have swept the season, and I don't want to see Williams here THAT bad.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by serkicker32
    Manny Lawson across from him is a phisical freak and can still add 20 pounds to his frame without losing a step and can terrorize a passer, he should be around in the third. Nick what do you think of him?
    I think he's more of an OLB in a 3-4 scheme, ala Demarcus Ware or Shawne Merriman. He might even rise up the draft board like those two did if his workouts go well. He'd be a great fit for a team like Cleveland.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

It's time for Chillar to step up and prove he's worthy of starting.

:clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

i think we end up being 6-10 (which should put us in 8-11 range) cause i can't see the veterans letting this team lose the rest of the games. we all agree that our first pick and most of our draft should be on defense so just hope the FO makes the right pick on defense this time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast