Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Cornerback Cromartie on the trading block?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm sorry, but the initial report loses some credibility when the reporter doesn't get facts straight. Cromartie's rookie year he did very little. His 2nd year he had 10 picks, and in his 3rd year, that fell to 2 picks though he was thrown at more.
    Ya'll beat me to it HUb. Last year was Cromartie's THIRD year in the league as he was drafted in the same year as Tye Hill ('06). BTW let's all recall that one of the reasons that he was selected where he was in the draft was because of his injury history. I don't have all of his info but I do remember that he had a major knee injury (ACL?) that caused him to miss an entire year and this put a damper on a lot of teams enthusiasm for him.

Therefore it is not all that surprising that he sustained another major injury. I'm not sayin', just sayin'.

WHAT SAY YE?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Hill rips a fingernail and is out four weeks, this guy played the whole friggin season with a hip injury. The CB is always turning on his hips and for him to play the whole shows how tough he is. We should have drafted him and not Tye Hill but we did and a majority of you on here praised it at the time. I guess I'm still bitter but to question the toughness of Cromartie is not fair.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    this guy played the whole friggin season with a hip injury.
    But did he? That's the question.

As I said earlier, when the reporter can't even get straight simple public concepts like how long he has been in the league, I can't put a lot of faith in non-public information he divulges like a broken hip.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Well I don't know HUb but if he did, sign him up

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

For what it's worth, here's a Rotoworld injury report from week 8 of last year:

Chargers RCB Antonio Cromartie (hip) missed Friday's practice in its entirety and is listed as questionable to play Sunday in London.
    Here's what Cromartie said:

SAN DIEGO (TICKER) —San Diego Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie reportedly played this past season with a fractured hip.

One day after the Chargers were eliminated from the AFC playoffs, Cromartie told the San Diego Union-Tribune that he suffered the injury in the second quarter of the season opener but played the rest of the campaign.

The Chargers have not confirmed the injury, and Cromartie was not listed on the team’s injury report prior to Sunday’s 35-24 loss at Pittsburgh in the AFC divisional round.

Cromartie’s agent, Gary Wichard, was not available for comment.

A 2007 All-Pro and Pro Bowler, Cromartie recorded just two interceptions in 16 games this season. The three-year veteran told the Union-Tribune that he will rebound from the injury and is looking forward to the 2009 season.

“I don’t have any disappointment about this season,” he told Monday’s Union-Tribune. “That taught me how to work through injury, play with injury. I was hurt the whole year. I learned from that. Going into next year, I’m going to put it all together and have a great year.”

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well I don't know HUb but if he did, sign him up
    I don't know either, but it appears HE is the one reporting this. According to the San Diego Tribune...
    After a record-breaking, 10-interception season in 2007, Cromartie was horrid last season, although he said he played part of the year with a fractured hip.
    I Googled "Antonio Cromartie broken hip" and all I got was the article posted here in numerous formats. I couldn't find anywhere that had anyone other than Cromartie himself reporting the injury.

I'm not passing judgement on the guy, but to me it sounds more like he is making an excuse for a crappy performance this year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

What's the big deal it wasn't broken only fractured?!

Yea but I'd still to this very day take him over Tye Hill......

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It's a moot point anyways. The original report said that Cromartie could be on the trading block if the Chargers sign CB Drayton Florence. They didn't; he signed with Buffalo. So case closed on this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123