View Poll Results: Cortland Finnegan A RAM?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 78.05%
  • No

9 21.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Cortland Finnegan

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Cortland Finnegan

He is a UFA. He has a history of being a loud mouth, sure, but he is a super talented CB. I don't think Tennessee is going to pay him (just look at how they handled the Chris Johnson situation after he ran for 2,000 yards).

This question is heavily dependent upon us bringing in Jeff Fisher, who had a good relationship with Finnegan based on quotes.

Do we bring in Finnegan in Free Agency?

My answer is an emphatic YES! He would immediately be instilled as our #1 corner. Top him with Bartell, Fletch and Murph and our secondary improves vastly. It will also allow us to explore other positions in rds 1,2,3.

Thoughts?

Side note for those wondering- He has made multiple pro bowls and is only 27 years old.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Cortland Finnegan

Depends on the money. Forget about that 4 pillars garbage. I love the guys skillset. Hes a great player and a great corner. If he wants to come here for a reasonable price, then lets go out and get him. Hes much smarter than people think.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Yes i think we should,but know what people are going to say.He is not a good person or has an attitude.Well honestly we need some attitude toughness and grit to this team.We have no identity we need to add hi caliber players to compete if we want to win.Our corners arent that great spags system made them look better because we got good pressure but as you all say when pressure didnt work our corners we beat way to often.He is a top notch corner and has good relation with Fisher if he is brought in i think fisher will automatically look at him and make a run for him.Spags is gone no more drafting/signing mediocre good guys,lets get some toughness on this team with a personality that also is legitimately good.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

im down with it, pick him up!!!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

easily.. yes...

ManofGod is offline Registered User

One question: At 27, and knowing that his days in the NFL are numbered, why would he want to come possibly to the worst team in the NFL?

Rammed is offline Registered User

Because his days are numbered: money aka last big contract
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    One question: At 27, and knowing that his days in the NFL are numbered, why would he want to come possibly to the worst team in the NFL?
    Because the NFC West is far from being a one sided division. All four teams have come within one game of winning the division in the last 3 years. Because if Alex Smith doesn't suddenly become fair, the Whiners don't do nearly as well as they did.

Because he doesn't want to get beat up by Andre and Wayne(or whoever replaces him) four times a year. He can lock down Fitzy as well as Bartell can and none of the other wide outs in the division are really scary.

If our offense starts producing just 20 points a game, we can win so many more games and actually can make the playoffs. Tennesee couldn't even do that in the year without Manning.
    I believe!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    Yes i think we should,but know what people are going to say.He is not a good person or has an attitude.Well honestly we need some attitude toughness and grit to this team.We have no identity we need to add hi caliber players to compete if we want to win.Our corners arent that great spags system made them look better because we got good pressure but as you all say when pressure didnt work our corners we beat way to often.He is a top notch corner and has good relation with Fisher if he is brought in i think fisher will automatically look at him and make a run for him.Spags is gone no more drafting/signing mediocre good guys,lets get some toughness on this team with a personality that also is legitimately good.
    You don't need to be a dick to be considered tough. And that's where people fail to grasp the four pillars concept. They equate being a good guy and a sportsman to losing and being weak. That's the easy opinion because Spags was a good guy and the Rams haven't won. But look over the years at Super Bowl winners and you'll mostly see good teams with good people with only a couple of exceptions - Packers, Giants, Patriots, Steelers. yes, you'll have a player or two who is a bit chippy but not a team full of jerks. Good teams can gamble on a problem now and then (i.e. New England w/randy Moss) and not miss a beat. Bad teams can ill afford this kind of potential distraction.

Just sayin'.

richtree is online now Registered User

I think he is a nice player ., but he is 28 and not a legit #1 CB -- he is a nice #2 -- and I don't think he has is automatic our best CB if he were here....

He would be a good addition, but so would alot of other guys...that's why I refused to vote on the poll....

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    You don't need to be a dick to be considered tough. And that's where people fail to grasp the four pillars concept. They equate being a good guy and a sportsman to losing and being weak. That's the easy opinion because Spags was a good guy and the Rams haven't won. But look over the years at Super Bowl winners and you'll mostly see good teams with good people with only a couple of exceptions - Packers, Giants, Patriots, Steelers. yes, you'll have a player or two who is a bit chippy but not a team full of jerks. Good teams can gamble on a problem now and then (i.e. New England w/randy Moss) and not miss a beat. Bad teams can ill afford this kind of potential distraction.

Just sayin'.
    I agree. Their is nothing wrong, with the four pillars concept in theory. It was just the application of it, which hamstrung SS. Character will never, ever, beat talent in a game of football. So I believe Spags put way too much stock, into the character thing.? Dont get me wrong, I feel character is a key ingredient in building a successful team. But you need to add TALENT to the mix also. It's almost like Spags thought he was going to character, the other teams to death every Sunday.?

As for Finnegan, I wouldn't want a A-hole like him on our team. Talented or not. I want any incoming players, to be a much better balance of character, and talent than this guy.?

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    I agree. Their is nothing wrong, with the four pillars concept in theory. It was just the application of it, which hamstrung SS. Character will never, ever, beat talent in a game of football. So I believe Spags put way too much stock, into the character thing.? Dont get me wrong, I feel character is a key ingredient in building a successful team. But you need to add TALENT to the mix also. It's almost like Spags thought he was going to character, the other teams to death every Sunday.?

As for Finnegan, I wouldn't want a A-hole like him on our team. Talented or not. I want any incoming players, to be a much better balance of character, and talent than this guy.?
    Hes actually a very nice high character type of guy. No trouble with the law, and has many visits and donations towards autistic people. So what if he got in a fight with Andre Johnson? That was planned. Hes so smart that he realizes "If I can get this players mind off the game and get him thinking about me, his play will certainly decrease" and did it not? He likes to get in guys heads, which is annoying on the field but its a genious idea.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

Just sayin'.
    When has Finnegan been a distraction? Sure he has been dirty at times on the field, but their has been nothing about him being a distraction. He played this entire year without being a distraction for a new contract.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Hes actually a very nice high character type of guy. No trouble with the law, and has many visits and donations towards autistic people. So what if he got in a fight with Andre Johnson? That was planned. Hes so smart that he realizes "If I can get this players mind off the game and get him thinking about me, his play will certainly decrease" and did it not? He likes to get in guys heads, which is annoying on the field but its a genious idea.
    I thought it was more a case of little man syndrome, with Finnegan. So your saying his behavior, is a just a ploy Sosa. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    I thought it was more a case of little man syndrome, with Finnegan. So your saying his behavior, is a just a ploy Sosa. Interesting.
    I really do believe that is his plan. To get peoples minds off of the game and make them focus on him. It worked with Andre Johnson didn't it? Every play AJ was just pushing him around and hitting him, not focusing on running routes or trying to get seperation for the ball. Ultimately the Texans lost their best player because of Finnegan who got himself and AJ ejected.
    Goldenfleece and THOLTFAN81 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast