View Poll Results: Cortland Finnegan A RAM?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 78.05%
  • No

9 21.95%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Cortland Finnegan

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Cortland Finnegan

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I really do believe that is his plan. To get peoples minds off of the game and make them focus on him. It worked with Andre Johnson didn't it? Every play AJ was just pushing him around and hitting him, not focusing on running routes or trying to get seperation for the ball. Ultimately the Texans lost their best player because of Finnegan who got himself and AJ ejected.
    Very true point Dre would just run at him w a full head of steam lol. Actually funny to watch, though I do have an admiration for Andre Johnson. Think he is one of the purest people in the NFL.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

He is a headcase no doubt. But with the potential relationship with Fisher, whom can keep him in check, I'd take Cortland at the right price. We need as much talent as we can add at an position. Furthermore, it would help solidfy an injury prone CB group.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

At first I thought No because I dont like the guy.But the thing is that the Rams arent good enough to immediately pass on guys like Cortland. Hes not going to hurt the locket room, his dirty play is just questioned. Its a part of his game though. Like I said before, were not talented enough to pass on guys for this reason.If he would like to play here, sign him up!

JM7
    JM7 is offline Registered User

I have always been a big fan of Finnegan. He plays hard and he gets in the opponents heads. He would certainly be an upgrade of talent and he would inject some confidence throughout the locker room. Confidence is contagious and can lead to a team playing much better.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

If we're going to get players that would not mind getting in a fight, I would want players that at least win
    the fight.

Getting tossed around and getting your head beat down on isn't exactly encouraging.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Because the NFC West is far from being a one sided division. All four teams have come within one game of winning the division in the last 3 years. Because if Alex Smith doesn't suddenly become fair, the Whiners don't do nearly as well as they did.

Because he doesn't want to get beat up by Andre and Wayne(or whoever replaces him) four times a year. He can lock down Fitzy as well as Bartell can and none of the other wide outs in the division are really scary.

If our offense starts producing just 20 points a game, we can win so many more games and actually can make the playoffs. Tennesee couldn't even do that in the year without Manning.
    He doesn't want to get....come on Teke, I doubt that the guy will leave b/c he is scared of Reggie Wayne and/or Andre Johnson, and I'm not sure we'll play top dollar for him when there could be a bidding war for his services. We have too many holes to fill to spend top money in any one area (although QB, OT, and CB are positions where that is an option).

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Not a 4 pillar player not a ram...

Wait hold on i just remembered we no longer will overlook talent due to "freedom of expression" so my answer is OF CORSE!!!!!!!!!!

There will be suiters so he will not come cheap then again he will not be paid Nhamdi money...The guy is great in run support (which is very needed) and can press cover and o yea he plays dirty something the rams need to learns so we are not stepped over ever week

Sign him...Bartell's status with the team will be soley dependent on his training camp and pre-season does he deserve that money its up to our new regime
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I really do believe that is his plan. To get peoples minds off of the game and make them focus on him. It worked with Andre Johnson didn't it? Every play AJ was just pushing him around and hitting him, not focusing on running routes or trying to get seperation for the ball. Ultimately the Texans lost their best player because of Finnegan who got himself and AJ ejected.
    Youre right sosa. It's been fairly well documented that off the field he is very polite and respectful and causes no headaches whatsoever. He plays dirty on the field to get into the minds of opposing WRs. He has the stated goal of being regarded as the dirtiest player in the league.

I'm am of the belief that hiring Fisher would definitely give us a high probability of signing him, especially given CB is a definite need of ours. Him and Fisher had a great relationship.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I think people are exaggerating Finnegan's character concerns. Outside the field, he's a great guy with his charitable history. Sure he plays dirty, but that attributes to his style of winning the psychological aspect of the game: by getting the best of the opposing players' emotions. That's really an interesting attribute to look at.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I think people are exaggerating Finnegan's character concerns. Outside the field, he's a great guy with his charitable history. Sure he plays dirty, but that attributes to his style of winning the psychological aspect of the game: by getting the best of the opposing players' emotions. That's really an interesting attribute to look at.
    Exactly. People look at him as if he's a cancer or a character concern when really he is far from it. Find me a report that says Finnegan brings trouble to the locker room or he has to big of an ego. They only place I could see his ego coming into play is when he's using it to get into other WRs heads on the football field, which quite frankly we have been lacking for a long time. Finnegan would bring much needed toughness, to a team that simply isn't tough at all.

Reel in the Fish, you get the friends. Except this coaches friend, happens to be a current young Pro Bowler, not a washed up veteran.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I think we can spend our money more wisely. We already have good CB's (assuming Bartell returns). Plus we can draft a CB who will give us what CF already has (chippy attitude) for less money. We need to devote our FA $ on the O-Line for players like Carl Nicks. If we go the FA route for a CB what about Tracy Porter of the Saints?

Go Rams!

Per Rotoworld:

Cortland Finnegan does not expect to re-sign with the Titans this offseason.
    ''It is finally starting to hit me that the end is probably near,'' Finnegan said. ''It doesn’t look bright for me here." The Titans and Finnegan’s agent held brief discussions about a long-term contract prior to the season, but the sides were reportedly never close on agreeing in value. If Tennessee decides to apply the franchise tag as an alternative, it would cost them roughly $10.5 million on a one-year contract.
    Get it done Jeff, and give us a legitimate #1 corner. Bartell is aging fast and Fletch is coming off another ACL tear.

Once the clock strikes midnight:
    Fisher - "Cortland, this is coach Fisher, we would like you to come to St Louis for an interview"
    Finnegan - "Im already there coach"

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

You have to admit that if a guy is tasked with neutralizing the opponent's top weapon, getting the guy ejected from the game does accomplish that objective pretty well. In that respect, I think he has modeled himself along the lines of hockey's "pest" players.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

xpmar9x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    .He is not a good person
    Quote Originally Posted by eric2810 View Post
    He is a headcase no doubt.
    Titans fan here. Coming to support Finnegan.

Yes, Finnegan is a very fiesty player. But, he is not a dirty player; he doesn't go out and try to hurt players and do dirty moves. He plays hard and with a passion. Yes, he's cocky and physical... but when you're <5'10 matching up against 6'3+ WR you have to jam them and don't let them off the LOS.

With that being said, Finny normally plays in the slot/nickel role. His physicality is used in run support, and jamming slot receivers to not let them get loose. So he's also normally put up against the fastest WR of the opposing team. When in a 2 WR set, depending on our formation he'll line up vs Z-WR. Although, Titans run alot of nickle with McCourty, Verner, and Finnegan. As for the Rams, not 100% how much 2CB sets you run, and how often he'll be on #1 opposing WR. Finnys weakness is taller WR, he doesn't have an amazing vert, and is short... so Fitz will dominate him. FYI, PFF rated Finnegan as the best slot corner in the NFL.

As for Finnegan being a distraction. Not true. He had one little skid this off-season, where he left camp, and came back a day later. That's been it his ENTIRE tenure with Tennessee. Titans front office has the tendency to let their main players walk, and won't pay them big deals. Look at the CJ holdout, or the Steve McNair, Samari Rolle, Jevon Kearse, Albert Haynesworth, Derrick Mason, Keith Bulluck deals because the Titans wouldn't offer money. Finnegan and his agent know this, and tried to get a deal done. Finnegan is always doing things in the Nashville area, a family man, no law trouble, and was a team captain this year. He actually tweeted about how he was having dinner in a smaller TN area and for fans to come out for autographs and dinner with him just last week. Players and coaches raved about his leadership in the lockerrom.

Bottom line: I want Finnegan back, Rams would be lucky to have a player like Finnegan. I don't see him leaving TN, but if he does STL makes sense. He'll want money, and he has respect for Fish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast