Rambos is offline Registered User

Cortland Finnegan's two-year, $11 million deal includes $5.5 million guaranteed.

Cortland Finnegan - DB - Dolphins

New Dolphins CB Cortland Finnegan's two-year, $11 million deal includes $5.5 million guaranteed.
    The deal includes a $2 million signing bonus, while Finnegan's $3.5 million 2014 base salary is fully guaranteed. He's due a non-guaranteed $5.45 million in 2015. It's a surprisingly-large commitment for a 30-year-old corner who has struggled mightily each of the past two seasons.
    Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter

Re: Cortland Finnegan's two-year, $11 million deal includes $5.5 million guaranteed.

We just got 3 mil more cap space.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Re: Cortland Finnegan's two-year, $11 million deal includes $5.5 million guaranteed.

Am I just not noticing it before but does this year seem to be showing more then most teams wayy overspending on players that really don't deserve it. Outside of Byrd and a couple others I can't see how these salaries are being justified. Makes me glad we aren't doing a "big splash", outside of Saffold for FAs.

All the teams got a nice bump in cap space, not surprised that some are being aggressive. Some teams had 50 mil in cap and they set the tone early. Just think if they raise the cap the next two years Quinn could get 100 Mil if he keeps playing like he is now.

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1 3m

Rams aren't sure when they'll get the cap credit on Finnegan.
    Expand

turbofargo is offline Registered User

I was worried about the increase in cap space possibly artificially inflating the going rates for mid grade players. I agree superstars like Quinn are going to command an insanely high price, instead of keeping a core amount of players better. Can't blame the players though. Got the gap fill it, nature abhors a vacuum!