Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Could college drug issues make some players drop and would we take them?

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Unfortunately, that leaves us high and dry receiver wise.
    Not necessarily, but between Kelly's knees and Manningham's character issues, the potential value at that spot may not be as good as it looked a few weeks or months ago. Still, there's always a chance a guy like Hardy or Jackson or even Sweed makes it to that pick, depending on how others have them graded. You've also got solid second round receivers in Caldwell and Doucet.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Overall, the trend seems to be pushing receivers down and offensive linemen up, and as such it may be a better strategy to go line-line and then look for a receiver in the third.

The depth at OT is still there for the most part(Benedict's death doesn't help), but the ability to get a highly rated guy lower in the draft seems less likely. I don't like the projected value of OT's or DE's at the top of the second round(Groves or Jackson may make it out of the first, so DE is a hope), and so trading down would probably be my first choice, and we should have buyers, assuming that the 2nd-4th QB's aren't all taken at the bottom of the first round, which wouldn't be a bad thing either, as I think that either a top WR or OT could all to us if that happened, thus negating the need for a trade.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The thing that bothers me about Manningham is that in interviews he first denied his marijuana history to teams but then later retracted (mentioned on ESPN tonight). At this point, he could be sliding into the third round.
    if he slides to the 3rd round he is going to be a steal for some team providing he can behave himself.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Hopefully our team, jk, provided we go line-line with our first two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12