AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Could this be the first time ever...

... that the NFL's offensive AND defensive rookies of the year are BOTH the first offensive and defensive players taken in the draft?

I wouldn't bet against it at this point.

Right now, Sam Bradford has to be viewed as the favorite for Offensive Rookie of the Year by a fairly wide margin. Jahvid Best, Mike Williams and Dez Bryant have had their moments, but Bradford is the clear leader.

On defense, Ndamukong Suh is the unquestioned frontrunner for the award. Eric Berry, Earl Thomas and Nate Allen would be the only challengers of note.

If this holds up, this would say a lot about the 2010 NFL Draft. For once, the top picks will have truly lived up to their billing.

Definitely a good year to have been at the top of the draft.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Could this be the first time ever...

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    ... that the NFL's offensive AND defensive rookies of the year are BOTH the first offensive and defensive players taken in the draft?

I wouldn't bet against it at this point.

Right now, Sam Bradford has to be viewed as the favorite for Offensive Rookie of the Year by a fairly wide margin. Jahvid Best, Mike Williams and Dez Bryant have had their moments, but Bradford is the clear leader.

On defense, Ndamukong Suh is the unquestioned frontrunner for the award. Eric Berry, Earl Thomas and Nate Allen would be the only challengers of note.

If this holds up, this would say a lot about the 2010 NFL Draft. For once, the top picks will have truly lived up to their billing.

Definitely a good year to have been at the top of the draft.

If Hoomanawanui steps it up big time in the second half of this season, he might be a front-runner. But his production will ultimately help Bradford's stats, making Bradford even more the best choice for ROY.

Suh is definitely getting the DROY. I can only imagine what our D-line would be with Suh, Robbins, Hall and Long.

But I can also only imagine how stagnant and horrid our offense would be without Bradford.

Good luck to Sam. I hope he wins OROY.