Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Could this guy be onto something?

I've been reading all the draft boards that i can get my hands on to try and figure out who the Rams might be picking at 13. I went on msn.com and Peter Schrager did 6 mock drafts so far. In all 6 of them he had the Rams picking Patrick Willis at #13. Do you think that there might be some truth behind this, or could he be wrong in all 6 drafts?

Personally I think it could be an interesting pick because of all the troubles that we have had at the linebacker position in the past. I'm not sure if we should be picking a linebacker in round 1 instead of a defensive lineman. We've had troubles at both of these positions, so I think either one would be we a great help.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Could this guy be onto something?

I'm not sure what you mean by having some truth behind it. It's one person's prediction of future events. The only way to know if there's any truth behind it is if it comes true in April. I think if there were any kind of rumblings that prompted him to make that pick, we would have picked up on them by now as well. All indications are that the Rams are leaving Witherspoon inside, though.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I wouldnt be upset with Willis, but only if Branch, Carriker and Okoye are off the board, and provided we pick up a big bodied tackle later on, maybe Tank Tyler, but who knows

chipperjones is offline Registered User

I would take Willis over branch and Carriker, but not Okoye. I'd be happy to get him.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

In all 6 of them he had the Rams picking Patrick Willis at #13.
    I haven't seen any yet with Willis, but I don't think that pick is all that out of question. My wish list stacks up like this:

1. Adam Carriker
    2. Gaines Adams
    3. Amobi Okoye
    4. Jamal Anderson
    5. Patrick Willis
    6. Laron Landry
    7. Leon Hall
    8. Alan Branch

That's 8 players on my board. Assuming that the big 5 on O (Russell, Quinn, Thomas, Peterson, & Johnson) are cleared out within the first 12 picks, one of the above names will be a Ram.

So in this case, as long as the top 4 D players are off the board, I got no problem with Willis.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Heard some information regarding Willis on the radio. He's a good character guy and often volunteers in the community.

Known as a leader and a hitter on the field......

keith m. klink Guest

one of these years , a LB that has the same fire and playing ability as lawerance tayler will come from somewhere. and if it is willis, then i wouldn't mind him in a rams uniform.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by having some truth behind it. It's one person's prediction of future events. The only way to know if there's any truth behind it is if it comes true in April. I think if there were any kind of rumblings that prompted him to make that pick, we would have picked up on them by now as well. All indications are that the Rams are leaving Witherspoon inside, though.
    Sorry. When I said truth I meant it more in the sense of could he be correctly prediciting what our first pick would be. I usually see boards where the players the team picks will shift, but I hadn't seen one that consistantly gave us the same pick for 6 straight drafts. Or is he just throwing the name out there because we have had a need at LB for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I haven't seen any yet with Willis, but I don't think that pick is all that out of question.
    here is the link to all 6 mock drafts- http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6571514

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I like Willis as long as we can get a big mf'er at tackle in the second.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

here is the link to all 6 mock drafts- http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6571514
    My mistake, Dr.D. I thought you meant 6 different mocks. I didn't realize you meant one guy with 6 updates of his mock. I still don't think it's out of the question, but I'm having trouble taking this guy for real with Peterson going at #12.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Country is offline Registered User

If we draft Willis in teh 1st round we would have three big money LBs on the team.

Willis
    Witherspoon
    Pisa

Here is the question which one of these big money guys comes off the field on 3rd down? When we go to nickle and dime which if these big money guys are we putting on the bench.

The Rams need a big 2 down plugger that can make tackles.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'd take Willis if Branch or Carriker is gone. I watched this guy play three times last year (Memphis, Mississippi State, Arkansas) and that guy has a motor. He can play and plays with heart. He would be a significant upgrade over Chillar.

Country is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I'd take Willis if Branch or Carriker is gone. I watched this guy play three times last year (Memphis, Mississippi State, Arkansas) and that guy has a motor. He can play and plays with heart. He would be a significant upgrade over Chillar.
    On 1st and 2nd down.

And no LB would have an impact on this team with the awful protection that they get from Kennedy and Glover.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    On 1st and 2nd down.

And no LB would have an impact on this team with the awful protection that they get from Kennedy and Glover.

I don't think this Rams team wins this year anyway, so I'm under the impression we take whatever is the best talent available at 13 and go with it.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I don't think this Rams team wins this year anyway
    I bet you thought that in 99 also.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast