Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    garver Guest

Could of had Dixon or Dwyer

I think the Rams should have chosen either RB Anothy Dixon or RB Dwyer before the two TE's they took. I'm disappointed that we didn't get a decent RB to back up Jackson. I think either of these 2 RB's have better upside then either of the TE's.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Could of had Dixon or Dwyer

And if we sign Westbrook?

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Fans also thought the Rams should have drafted Dorin Dickerson (a seventh round pick) as early as round 4, Everson Griffen, as early as 33 (myself included), and that we should pick up Danario Alexander in the fifth (he went undrafted..). The point is, we donn't have a clue what we're talking about. I wanted Dwyer but there is a reason all 32 teams passed on him 6 times each. Apparently he wasn't that impressive and he had medical issues. Dixon was simply not viewed that high apprently.

Not trying to be a jerk, im just explaining the logic.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

Westbrook coming in for a physical makes drafting a back up for SJ a mute point. DV had to have this scheduled before the draft. What a difference that would make. it would keep SJ fresh for the 4th and an expert in the backfield for Shurmurs offense to help the progression of Sam.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

If we land Westbrook, I'll be ecstatic, and yes, will make drafting a RB moot. He still wants to play for a few years and behind Jax, he'll be able to do so. Imagine, he might be active for his first 16 game season in who knows when!
    I believe!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Anthony Dixon went in the fourth round, before the Rams had taken any TE in this draft.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I dislike Dwyer. If you watched him at all you'd know he's unable to make cuts. He's a bull between the tackles but it is all based upon miss-direction. To make a cut means he almost comes to a complete stop. That's why he'll fail in the NFL just like Ron Dayne did.

The Rams picked up Alex Henderson the RB out of Northern Arizona. If you can, watch him play a little. Very fast, has the size you want in the NFL and is great at making 1 cut and going (the Denver running style). Love the free agent pickup.

I'd MUCH rather have Henderson than Dwyer.

I just watched a youtube vid of Henderson and its pretty promising to be honest

shower beers is offline Registered User

Dwyer also had some pretty significant medical issues that pushed him down the draft as well. I think we made the right choice by passing on him at this juncture.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

I get the feeling the Rams were dead set on Jahvid Best at #33, so when Detroit swooped in and took him they went BPA in Saffold. They probably decided from that point on there was no RB they liked to compliment SJ and be a dynamic playmaker, so they could easily dip into the free agent pool and get a guy like Westbrook who knows the system and catches passes efficiently.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    I get the feeling the Rams were dead set on Jahvid Best at #33, so when Detroit swooped in and took him they went BPA in Saffold. They probably decided from that point on there was no RB they liked to compliment SJ and be a dynamic playmaker, so they could easily dip into the free agent pool and get a guy like Westbrook who knows the system and catches passes efficiently.
    I have serious doubts the Rams wouls have drafted Best instead of Saffold. Given how they drafted, I don't think runningback with concussion history would have graded out at 33. Best would most likely not have been a Ram IMO. I like Saffold better anyway.

Runningbacks are a dime a dozen and a great offensive line can make any runningback look at least decent and pretty good ones look great. Saffold was good value and a great pick, not flashy, but classy

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    I have serious doubts the Rams wouls have drafted Best instead of Saffold. Given how they drafted, I don't think runningback with concussion history would have graded out at 33. Best would most likely not have been a Ram IMO. I like Saffold better anyway.

Runningbacks are a dime a dozen and a great offensive line can make any runningback look at least decent and pretty good ones look great. Saffold was good value and a great pick, not flashy, but classy
    The Lions traded back into the first round at #30 for a reason. Were the Colts or Saints really options to take Best? No. The Rams were, and they probably recognized our interest in him and traded back in to make sure they got him. Our offense definitely needs a RB who can run precise routes and catch balls naturally and Best definitely fit that mold and more. He's an explosive, shifty, break your ankles type of RB who would've been a great compliment to SJ's power running style. Furthermore, he was also great at catching passes over his shoulder and seemed very natural (almost like a WR), so yeah I think we would've taken him and when he was gone we went BPA with Saffold.

Another thing, you say a RB with a concussion history (which is inaccurate, BTW) doesn't grade out at #33. Well, the Rams seemed comfortable drafting a QB with shoulder concerns at #1, I'm sure if Best passed every test possible they would've been fine taking him at the top of the second. We'll never know, however, because we weren't presented with that opportunity.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    The Lions traded back into the first round at #30 for a reason. Were the Colts or Saints really options to take Best? No. The Rams were, and they probably recognized our interest in him and traded back in to make sure they got him. Our offense definitely needs a RB who can run precise routes and catch balls naturally and Best definitely fit that mold and more. He's an explosive, shifty, break your ankles type of RB who would've been a great compliment to SJ's power running style. Furthermore, he was also great at catching passes over his shoulder and seemed very natural (almost like a WR), so yeah I think we would've taken him and when he was gone we went BPA with Saffold.

Another thing, you say a RB with a concussion history (which is inaccurate, BTW) doesn't grade out at #33. Well, the Rams seemed comfortable drafting a QB with shoulder concerns at #1, I'm sure if Best passed every test possible they would've been fine taking him at the top of the second. We'll never know, however, because we weren't presented with that opportunity.
    Hmm, Best doesn't have a concussion history? I'd say Best wouldn't make the cut (though would have probably been considered) was because of his position, injuries, and the other options on the board. I said how i felt about runningbacks. I doubt the Rams told the Lions they were targeting Best, so maybe the Lions felt the Rams were targeting Best and gave up a pick to hop up a few spots to make sure. I just think Saffold was the pick regardless of Best. But its irrelevant now.

Id say that two concussions in as many weeks is enough of a concussion history to count it as a concussion history!

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

The only disagreement I have is about O-lines making any back look good. Statistics show that if given the option teams should draft backs over O-line because ypc go up nearly .5 a carry the next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast