AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Could Rams Look to Denver for Trade Down Option?

Right now, the Rams have the 8th pick in the first round.

Denver has #20 and #30.

Assuming these spots remain at or close to these numbers, should the Rams consider contacting Denver for a trade down?

I like the idea.

Doing so would give the Rams the opportunity to pick three defensive players in the first 40 picks.

Now, I know what some will say - 2001 revisited. Maybe. But I like the odds.

Just a thought.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Could Rams Look to Denver for Trade Down Option?

Well, Denver would have to like the idea, and I'm not sure they trade away two first round picks to move up without a clear-cut area of need to address. The Broncos have needs on the defensive line and at safety, and could probably get some great prospects with their current selections. It would be good for us, but I just don't know how willing the Broncos are to move up.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

According to the standard pick value chart, the Broncos two picks would be worth 1470, while our current pick is worth 1400....certainly close enough if the Broncos had their eye on one of the top 8 players.

We would lose out on a Greenway or Ryans or J. Williams, but........we could get maybe any two of Huff, Bing, Thomas Howard, Bobby Carpenter, or Laron Landry.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Does everyone get to watch all of these kids?........How are many of you picking your wish list come the draft?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Does everyone get to watch all of these kids?........How are many of you picking your wish list come the draft?
    Personally, I love watching college ball even more than the NFL. The College Gameday show on ESPN is, easily, my favorite show during football season.

Other than the Rams, there's nothing I like more than watching the transition of college players to pro players.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I'd say the Rams stay put. i like the idea of maybe drafting M Huff, he seems like a good fit at CB.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    According to the standard pick value chart, the Broncos two picks would be worth 1470, while our current pick is worth 1400....certainly close enough if the Broncos had their eye on one of the top 8 players.

We would lose out on a Greenway or Ryans or J. Williams, but........we could get maybe any two of Huff, Bing, Thomas Howard, Bobby Carpenter, or Laron Landry.
    If I'm the Rams and I make that trade, the two guys I'm targeting are Tye Hill and Thomas Howard. If Huff is there, put him where Hill's name is, but I'm not sure if he'd be there or not. But yeah, Hill and Howard would be nice. Howard is a physical freak; Six foot three inches, 240 pounds, and he runs an estimated 4.47. He's a bit raw and needs to develop, but he's everything you want in terms of the physical package. As for Hill, his stock is going to rise by the time April comes around, barring something unforeseen. He's not the big prospect that Williams or Huff are, but he's arguably the best pure cornerback in this draft, since Williams and Huff might project better to safety.

general counsel is offline Registered User

i dont want to make that deal if we can have the Head of the Hawk at #8.

ramming speed to all

general counsel