Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,665
    Rep Power
    154

    Cross Terdell Sands off your wish list

    Reports indicate he's reached a four-year extension with Oakland.

    http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1


  2. #2
    MASSIVE's Avatar
    MASSIVE is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    9

    Thumbs up Re: Cross Terdell Sands off your wish list

    I started to cry as soon as I read your post Nick.:\

  3. #3
    Dr. Defense's Avatar
    Dr. Defense is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    RI
    Age
    24
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Cross Terdell Sands off your wish list

    Now with him gone where does this leave us in terms of getting someone to play lane plugger? Is there anyone else young out there that we have a shot at, that could fill this gap for multiple years, or is it all people like Keith Traylor that do 1-2 years?

  4. #4
    Country's Avatar
    Country is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Cross Terdell Sands off your wish list

    Ian Scott is next on the list.

    I hope this means that they are letting Tommy Kelly walk.

  5. #5
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,665
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Cross Terdell Sands off your wish list

    Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Ian Scott is next on the list.

    I hope this means that they are letting Tommy Kelly walk.
    Kelly's a restricted free agent so he's not going anywhere without compensation. Besides, there are rumors that the Raiders may move him outside to DE, I believe. If that's the plan, it's conceivable they'd like to lock him up as well.

    As for Scott, I agree that he's probably near the top of the list. He has starter experience at nose tackle and is young, though he doesn't have the mammoth size we've been looking for. Don't rule out Kenderick Allen as part of some kind of rotation; the Rams tried to get him last spring but he ended up going to Green Bay.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-15-2007 at 02:41 AM.

  6. #6
    Country's Avatar
    Country is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Cross Terdell Sands off your wish list

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Kelly's a restricted free agent so he's not going anywhere without compensation. Besides, there are rumors that the Raiders may move him outside to DE, I believe. If that's the plan, it's conceivable they'd like to lock him up as well.

    As for Scott, I agree that he's probably near the top of the list. He has starter experience at nose tackle and is young, though he doesn't have the mammoth size we've been looking for. Don't rule out Kenderick Allen as part of some kind of rotation; the Rams tried to get him last spring but he ended up going to Green Bay.
    With the desperate situation that the Rams DT position is in I could see them goign after a RFA and giving up some compensation,

    A 3rd round pick [if that is what it stays at] for Randy Starks from Tennessee is a great value theguy had 40 tackles and 3 sacks last year. Those are better than Kennedy's career numbers.

  7. #7
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,665
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Cross Terdell Sands off your wish list

    Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    A 3rd round pick [if that is what it stays at] for Randy Starks from Tennessee is a great value theguy had 40 tackles and 3 sacks last year. Those are better than Kennedy's career numbers.
    He also had an arrest for domestic assault for roughing up his fiancée and is in anger management classes. He's coming from a team that ranked one position higher and allowed one yard fewer on average defending the run than we did. Furthermore, Starks strikes me as more of a well-rounded defensive tackle as opposed to the massive road-grading nose we need. We're not even sure he's going to get the third rounder tender; chances are he gets a higher tender anyways. He's a good player, but I'm not sure he's the player we should be spending significant compensation on.

  8. #8
    Country's Avatar
    Country is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Cross Terdell Sands off your wish list

    Starks is well rounded, and I did not know about the arrests, and as far as I can see we need all the help we can get.

    Scott is now numbner 1.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •