ramhard is offline Registered User

Current Draft Board with Combine Results

After the early combine results, here is the draft board. My need emphasis is on pass rush, then stop run. Also, on athletic players who produced in big games in college (no workout warriors, or guys who dissappeared in big games). So I have the Rams looking at one of the top 3 DE's first, and if they are off the board, the top 2 DT's, and if they are gone the top tackling LB.

1st Round Available Board.

1 Gaines Adams, DE CLEM, most athletic DE, and best pass rusher of bunch.
    2. Jarvis Moss, DE FLA - see CNN's coverage of his performance, might be moving ahead of 13.
    3. Jamaal Anderson DE, ARK - did not compete at combine and may move up or down due to school workout.
    4. Alan Branch DT, MI - some people were dissappointed in his workout, says he looks sluggish. Has had some 'motivation' issues in the past. Might slide to 13 if Okoye moves up.
    5. Amobi Okoye, DT LO - think he is a bit of a project and currently duplicates what the Rams hope to get out of Wroten, but too much of a talent to pass up if the top DE's are gone.
    6. Patrick Willis, LB, MS - weight in at 6'1/240 and ran a 4.6 forty, would work at SAM or MLB - too much of a tackling machine if the top 4 are gone.

2nd Round thought. With the depth of WR here, I know it's not a popular idea, but I think the Rams should go WR in the 2nd. They can get a 1st round talent to groom to take over from Bruce - someone like Steve Smith (ran a 4.4 at combine) or Dwayne Jarrett of USC - might fall if he doesn't run well in individual workout; Dwayne Bowe of LSU; Sidney Rice of SC, or Gonzalez of OSU.
    Last edited by ramhard; -02-27-2007 at 01:30 PM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Current Draft Board with Combine Results

Amobi Okoye, DT LO - think he is a bit of a project
    At his age I would bet every coach that had him thought that going in.

Country Guest

Moss looked very good in his workouts if we can get any of the top 5 DL players I would be happy.

1. Branch
    2. Okoye.
    3. Adams
    4. Moss
    5. Anderson

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Moss is an athlete extraordinaire, I grant you. But do we really want a speed rusher who's only knock is being a liability against the run?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

If Alan Branch is available when it's our time to pick, I can't see us passing him by....even for a talented pass rushing DE.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

4. Alan Branch DT, MI - some people were dissappointed in his workout, says he looks sluggish. Has had some 'motivation' issues in the past. Might slide to 13 if Okoye moves up
    That sounds like our last three first round DT picks.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

smizzhfx Guest

Alan Branch is an absolute behemoth. I will not allow him to be passed by if he somehow falls to 13.

BigDaddyPace Guest

Tank Tyler looked like a BEAST at the Combine

general counsel is offline Registered User

Where do you put carriker on that list? How about charles johnson. Are either of them ahead of patrick willis, depending of course on what happens in free agency.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Tank Tyler needs to be looked at. If we dont manage to get a big bodied DT in FA then i wouldnt mind trading back into the first or early second to grab him. He had 42 bench reps which is good enough, but he also had two more that werent counted.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    Alan Branch is an absolute behemoth. I will not allow him to be passed by if he somehow falls to 13.
    Flashback to 2003: "Jimmy Kennedy is an absolute behemoth. I will not allow him to be passed by if he somehow falls to 12."
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod