Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Currently, who are the Top 3 Wide outs on your draft board?

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Currently, who are the Top 3 Wide outs on your draft board?

If theres any position I've been studying the most as of late, its wide out. It's a pretty deep class this year and the Rams figure to be in the mix with two first rounders and an obvious need at the position.

Theres been a lot of good discussion here about this wide out class and I'd like to see everyone's post-combine Top 3.

Heres mine.

1. Cordarelle Patterson- Raw, but is a natural playmaker. Hes the size of a No.1 receiver with the vision and agility of a 195lb halfback. Not a great route runner, but once the balls in his hands he will make plays. I've never been so impressed with a player after watching their game film. Very versatile. Was a great returner, running back, AND wide out. He's like a bigger Percy Harvin. Thats scary.

2. DeAndre Hopkins- The most complete wide out in this years draft class. Great routes, hands, toughness, physicallity. Not fast, but quick. Had great production in his 3 years at Clemson. His only knock, is his average speed and size. However, he has proven he can get past secondaries with solid routes and catches the ball at its highest point with physicality.

3. Tavon Austin- Ahh, the human joy stick. Austins got something to prove, and I think he will. LMS(Little Man Syndrome) has been known to power vertically inclined individuals for quite some time now. Kidding aside, he's a dynamic playmaker who's size is his only con. If he can stay healthy(so far he has proven he can) he will be a nightmare in the slot for opposing defenses. Safeties and LBs can't cover him.

At the end of the day, I think all three of these gentlemen will be successful in the NFL.

I'd also like to add that if the Rams miss out on all three of these guys, I'll probably have to make an appearance at the war room and let them know how I feel. Dont' worry, I'll get past security...
    Last edited by FestusRam; -03-08-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    ZiaRam likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Currently, who are the Top 3 Wide outs on your draft board?

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Dont' worry, I'll get past security...
    Last I heard, JLau will guard the entrance to the war room. Have fun getting in.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Last I heard, JLau will guard the entrance to the war room. Have fun getting in.
    I heard they were gonna let Craig Dahl guard the entrance as a test for keeping his job....Have fun in the war room Festus.
    ZiaRam and jsimcox like this.

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Whatever, I'm taller than him and.....ok thats all i got.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I heard they were gonna let Craig Dahl guard the entrance as a test for keeping his job....Have fun in the war room Festus.
    Awesome I'll just carry a football and he will definately miss me.
    Tampa_Ram and berg8309 like this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    A quick hop to the left should get him to trip over himself and collapse to the ground.
    Tampa_Ram and ZiaRam like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

My order is : Nuk Hopkins, Tavon Austin, Cordarrelle Patterson. Same 3 guys, different order.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    My order is : Nuk Hopkins, Tavon Austin, Cordarrelle Patterson. Same 3 guys, different order.
    I completely understand your order.

Nuks ready to play on Sundays, and I think he might be the best rookie wide out.

Austin wont take long either. He's also ready to harass Ds in the slot.

Pattersons definately the most raw of the three, but I think he will get his fair share of touches in the return game and at running back as well.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Nice List Festus. I'd have to go with th same order as you although I don't feel we will take a WR as it stands now but lets see what plays out in FA. p.s. Dahl would be easy to get past, all you have to do is just run one direction without a juke and you got him!

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Nice List Festus. I'd have to go with th same order as you although I don't feel we will take a WR as it stands now but lets see what plays out in FA. p.s. Dahl would be easy to get past, all you have to do is just run one direction without a juke and you got him!
    Free agency can definately be a game changer.

Who knows, maybe Fishnead have had Wallace or Jennings in their sights. Honestly I wouldnt be suprised if we let Danny walk and picked up one of them. Imagine if we did that then drafted Austin for the slot.

No.1-Jennings or Wallace and Quick
    No.2-Givens
    Slot-Austin

WOAH, our corp just did a 180 if this were to play out. I'd be all for it. I understand people are lobbying for saving money and spending money on a rookie wide out but at the end of the day, with the new rookie contract structure, every rookie contract for every position is cheaper than a veterans contract is going to be. If we're going to spend top dollar this offseason, it might as well be for a PROVEN weapon for Sam.

However, if we dont sign any solid free agent wide outs, we need to draft one of these three.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -03-08-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    jmk321 likes this.

Free agency can definately be a game changer.

Who knows, maybe Fishnead have had Wallace or Jennings in their sights. Honestly I wouldnt be suprised if we let Danny walk and picked up one of them. Imagine if we did that then drafted Austin for the slot.

No.1-Jennings or Wallace and Quick
    No.2-Givens
    Slot-Austin

WOAH, our corp just did a 180 if this were to play out. I'd be all for it. I understand people are lobbying for saving money and spending money on a rookie wide out but at the end of the day, with the new rookie contract structure, every rookie contract for every position is cheaper than a veterans contract is going to be. If we're going to spend top dollar this offseason, it might as well be for a PROVEN weapon for Sam.
    ya I hear ya man... I don't give a damn if its a veteran or what, I'm tired of not having full fledged proper weapons for Sam and then people go running their damned mouths about " Why hasn't he met his 1 draft pick potential?" We need shore up a WR core, another TE, a top load carrying RB (Bell), and plug in the few holes our offensive line has for him. I think we can damn sure do it this draft and FA period, I really am excited to see where we go.
    FestusRam likes this.

ya I hear ya man... I don't give a damn if its a veteran or what, I'm tired of not having full fledged proper weapons for Sam and then people go running their damned mouths about " Why hasn't he met his 1 draft pick potential?" We need shore up a WR core, another TE, a top load carrying RB (Bell), and plug in the few holes our offensive line has for him. I think we can damn sure do it this draft and FA period, I really am excited to see where we go.
    Agreed. Kind of off topic but heres another scenario I'd love.

Sign Loadholt/Winston at RT(Leaves us with only LG as a question on the line. That wont be a problem to fill with our current guards and later draft picks)

Draft Patterson, Hopkins, or Austin with the 16.

Draft Eifert with the 22.

BAM.
    sosa39rams and ZiaRam like this.

I been thinking about the same scenario last few days honestly to! lol Nice to know its not just me... however I'd rather sign the TE Cook, Sign Winston RT, and in draft pick up #16 Warmack/Cooper and #22 Hopkins/Austin. Then in second or third rounds pick up S Elam/Rambo. and 4th Bell from MSU. what ya think?

I been thinking about the same scenario last few days honestly to! lol Nice to know its not just me... however I'd rather sign the TE Cook, Sign Winston RT, and in draft pick up #16 Warmack/Cooper and #22 Hopkins/Austin. Then in second or third rounds pick up S Elam/Rambo. and 4th Bell from MSU. what ya think?
    Love it. Only problem with signing Winston AND Cook is it may be hard to keep our best FA outside of Amendola and Jackson: William Hayes. Who knows though they still have time to make some moves and free up cap room.

Warmack or Cooper would be great pickups. Great for the run game and can only improve a pocket for Sam. I think sometimes we neglect the importance of the guards and centers to hold their ground and make a nice pocket. I think this is even more important for Sam because, lets face it, he's not the greatest at moving around in said pocket. But, when he has one to step up into, man is he about as accurate as anyone.

Im on board with taking Austin/Hopkins obviously. If we resign Amendola, pass on Austin obviously. Austins great, but he is a slot guy and with Amendola he is unneccesary. In that situation take Hopkins. We all know Pattersons probably gone by 16.

I wrote about Bell awhile back. I want him, but no earlier than the 4th. In my mind, hes pretty much the poor mans Steven Jackson. Good pass protection and great size.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -03-08-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Love it. Only problem with signing Winston AND Cook is it may be hard to keep our best FA outside of Amendola and Jackson: William Hayes. Who knows though they still have time to make some moves and free up cap room.

Warmack or Cooper would be great pickups. Great for the run game and can only improve a pocket for Sam. I think sometimes we neglect the importance of the guards and centers to hold their ground and make a nice pocket. I think this is even more important for Sam because, lets face it, he's not the greatest at moving around in said pocket. But, when he has one to step up into, man is he about as accurate as anyone.

Im on board with taking Austin/Hopkins obviously. If we resign Amendola, pass on Austin obviously. Austins great, but he is a slot guy and with Amendola he is unneccesary. In that situation take Hopkins. We all know Pattersons probably gone by 16.

I wrote about Bell awhile back. I want him, but no earlier than the 4th. In my mind, hes pretty much the poor mans Steven Jackson. Good pass protection and great size.
    Ya that is kinda with us not bringing back Danny to be estimate, get a younger cheaper option? Although that does hurt me saying that.... I really don't think we'll bring back SJ or DA. Anyways, there are some many options for us right now to plug up some holes and not by doing it half arse either! This is without a doubt my favorite FA/Draft period we've had in many a moons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast