View Poll Results: Curry vs. OT

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aarron Curry, Wake Forest, LB

    33 62.26%
  • Jason Smith, Baylor, LT or Eugene Monroe, Virginia, LT

    20 37.74%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Curry vs. OT?

  1. #1
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Curry vs. OT?

    Ok well from what I've seen there is a pretty big split in the Clan regarding or first round choice. I was just wondering what the numbers were for Curry or an OT being Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith. Pretty simple pole, assuming the Lions take Stafford or one of the OTs, who would you prefer?


  2. #2
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    Also as you might have noticed I listed Curry just as a LB not a MLB. I think he will be a stud MLB, but he could always slide back outside if he wasn't working out well in the middle.

  3. #3
    #39 Fan's Avatar
    #39 Fan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, formerly ATX
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    this one's pretty easy for me

    extra spicey
    Last edited by #39 Fan; -03-30-2009 at 07:48 PM.

  4. #4
    jbell15's Avatar
    jbell15 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    california
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    I think the best case scenario for pro curry'ers is if the rams think that jason smith is far above eugene monroe, then the lions take smith. That might be the only way we get curry. But if i were the rams GM, i would be all over the Curry Train!

  5. #5
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    There have been so many different versions of this same post and poll

  6. #6
    smitheRAM's Avatar
    smitheRAM is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    IDaho
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    I for one think that the best player for the Rams to pick is Raji. I don't think there is another NT like him in the draft. All the rest are undersized or slow movers. Stopping the run starts at the DL. He would improve AC and free up the LB. I feel the best case scenrio for the Rams would be to trade back in the top ten and pick him up. I think some late round sleepers would be available at LB. I like Veikune from Hawaii to convert to MLB. All that being said we'll probably take the BPA. Whoever the FO thinks that is. Cann't go wrong with all the holes to fill.

  7. #7
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    There have been so many different versions of this same post and poll
    Sorry I couldn't find any recent polls with just the option of one or the other, if you can find one we can delete this for a double thread.

    From what it seemed the board was leaning to the OT side, but so far it turns out that Curry has taken a commanding lead in our humblest of opinions.
    Last edited by C-Mob 71; -03-30-2009 at 10:49 PM.

  8. #8
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Sorry I couldn't find any recent polls with just the option of one or the other, if you can find one we can delete this for a double thread.

    From what it seemed the board was leaning to the OT side, but so far it turns out that Curry has taken a commanding lead in our humblest of opinions.

    Yeah, I wouldn't have expected the results quite the way they are, either.

    I'd be perfectly content with either player though, so I don't think our team can really go wrong.

  9. #9
    itsguud's Avatar
    itsguud is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    1,250
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    I have been on the Curry bandwagon for quite a while now. This came after I witched from saying all last year OL was our biggest need. The reason I switched; I am simply awestruck at the machine Curry is. It is the type of player we are sorely missing on the Defensive side of this team. The type of player that teams worry about to the point that the rest of our D gets better. Of course this is all IMO and in my dreams.

    Sincerely I will not be disappointed if either of these three players are selected. All three cover such big needs right now that I don't think it matters. Still I am hoping Curry first!

  10. #10
    CanadianRamsFan's Avatar
    CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    The only mocks i've see that have us taking Curry are the ones that are on this site, by fans. I wouldn't be upset with Curry but i just don't see us taking him. OT is the greatest need on this team by a mile, Curry is not the god among men that some of you make him out to be. If we select him our O will have countless 3 and outs due to bad oline play. Ask yourselves this: would Aarron "The Man God" Curry be effective playing 40+ mins a game? I really don't think so
    Last edited by CanadianRamsFan; -03-31-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: NFL = 4 down, CFL = 3

  11. #11
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    The only mocks i've see that have us taking Curry are the ones that are on this site, by fans.
    I could care less about "expert" mocks. I want Billy to take the BPA.

    I wouldn't be upset with Curry but i just don't see us taking him. OT is the greatest need on this team by a mile, Curry is not the god among men that some of you make him out to be.
    I disagree, sure we have a big need at OT, but I think we have and equally great need at LB.

    If we select him our O will have countless 2 and outs due to bad oline play. Ask yourselves this: would Aarron "The Man God" Curry be effective playing 40+ mins a game? I really don't think so
    I guess its a good thing that in America we play with four downs, not three.

  12. #12
    CanadianRamsFan's Avatar
    CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I could care less about "expert" mocks. I want Billy to take the BPA.



    I disagree, sure we have a big need at OT, but I think we have and equally great need at LB.



    I guess its a good thing that in America we play with four downs, not three.
    HAHAHA, damn got me on that one. Been watching to much CFL re-runs but my questions still stands, would he be effective playing 40+ mins, if our O continues to struggle? I know its not a guarantee that our O will be bad, but I'd say its more likely due to the past play of our O.

    Quick question, why is Curry the BPA? is it because you have watched every game he has ever played along with all the other top prospects games, or is it because the "experts" (the same peoples whose mock drafts you don't care about) have said he is?
    Last edited by CanadianRamsFan; -03-31-2009 at 02:57 PM.

  13. #13
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,296
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Quick question, why is Curry the BPA? is it because you have watched every game he has ever played along with all the other top prospects games, or is it because the "experts" (the same peoples whose mock drafts you don't care about) have said he is?
    But the utilization of "expert" opinion is not a mutually exclusive proposition. Yes, Curry is the BPA because a plurality, though I doubt majority, of "experts" consider him the BPA. However, these same "experts" can not possibly know any particular team (as they are only 1 of 32) as well as their most loyal fans; thereby devaluing the mocks of "experts" compared with the fanbase.

    As Nick says......just playing devil's advocate.
    Last edited by HUbison; -03-31-2009 at 03:06 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  14. #14
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    HAHAHA, damn got me on that one. Been watching to much CFL re-runs but my questions still stands, would he be effective playing 40+ mins, if our O continues to struggle? I know its not a guarantee that our O will be bad, but I'd say its more likely due to the past play of our O.

    Quick question, why is Curry the BPA? is it because you have watched every game he has ever played along with all the other top prospects games, or is it because the "experts" (the same peoples whose mock drafts you don't care about) have said he is?
    I think you posed a fair and difficult question, with a big assumption. I don't believe any football player in the NFL would be as effective if he was on the field for the majority of the game. But that being said I think you may be over exaggerating our offensive woes. I think with Bell's weight loss he is more suited to play RT where he won't have to go up against 300 plus pound DT's. Greco will play well at LG and Barron had his best year as a Ram at LT. So my answer is no Curry won't be as effective but I don't think one rookie o lineman would totally change our offensive woes from as terrible as you believe they are.

    And I have stated before that I am by no means qualified to say who or who not is the BPA. I recognize his level of work as a collegiate, winning several awards and I recognize his freakish athletic ability based on his combine performance- though I admit I hate putting to much emphasis on measured stats, unless his on field performance matches it, and it Curry's case it does. If Billy thinks he is not the BPA than I will agree with him and be happy with whoever we get.

    All I know is that Charley Casserly, the same guy that got fired for drafting the best player on the Texans over Reggie Bust, says Curry is the best LB prospect to come out in ten years, thats the kinda statement that gets me all excited inside.

  15. #15
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Curry vs. OT?

    Lets just say the Lions go with Stafford or any scenario where the Rams would have to choose between Smith or Monroe. Do you really see them passing up on 2 great talents at a huge need area.

    Curry may be BPA and I won't argue that, but Smith and Monroe can't be to far behind on our draft board. We clearly don't have a franchise LT on the roster and this is supposed to be a team building around S-JAX. A great LT will be a huge key to his success and the success of the offense in general. IMO the smart move is to go OT money wise and for the future of the franchise. Add a franchise LT to the current young ascending players we have and S-Jax can really take off. We want to the run the ball and we are lacking some key components great run teams have. We have added some key pieces with 2 great blockers in Karney and Bejama, but we still need to fill a huge hole at LT. If you look at the top 5 rushing teams in the league they have at least 1 great young tackle if not 2. Giants have Kareem McKenzie and David Diehl, Falcons have Tyson Clabo and Sam Baker, Carolina has Gross and Otah, Ravens have Jared Gaither, and the Vikes have Bryant McKinnie, and the Titans have Stewart and Ross.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Scott Wright interview with Aaron Curry
    By thoey in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -04-22-2009, 11:29 PM
  2. Replies: 53
    Last Post: -02-26-2009, 12:46 PM
  3. Chat w/ Jim Thomas - Feb 24th
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -02-25-2009, 07:01 PM
  4. Curry Overcomes Obstacles on way to Top
    By Nick in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -02-24-2009, 10:13 PM
  5. Who is Aaron Curry?
    By RamsInfiniti in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -12-25-2008, 12:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •