• Yes do the deal.

7 22.58%
  • Maybe I am 50/50

2 6.45%
  • No don't do the deal.

22 70.97%
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

Curtis for Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA?

It's not likely this scenario would come up but I wanted to see what people would do.

If we extend Bruce’s contract for three years would you consider trading Curtis to a team picking around the 12th spot so you could take Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA. This would fill a void for a good blocking TE with great hands in the passing game. This would improve our offensive run blocking and we would have a true pass catching TE all while retaining our first round pick to go after a good defensive player.

This would be a potential starting lineup.

WR Holt (Backup McDonald)
    LT Pace
    LG Terrell
    C McCollum (Maybe Incognito move here if we sign a vet G or Sapaia plays RG)
    RG Incognito \ Sapaia
    RT Barron
    WR Bruce (Backup Looker)

QB Bulger
    FB Hedgecock
    RB Jackson
    TE Marcedes Lewis

We would still have to look for a younger WR in the next two years. But we would have a good young TE that can block and catch. I do like Curtis and his potential but I think a good TE might have a bigger impact. Also Curtis is 27 now if and its a big if Bruce stays healthy and performs at a high level for three years as a starter then Curtis would be 30 when the reigns would be handed over just three years younger then Bruce is now (33).
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -12-17-2005 at 01:34 AM.

lilant2398 Guest

Re: Curtis for Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA?

No one would give a 1st round pick for curtis

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilant2398
    No one would give a 1st round pick for curtis
    It’s all hypothetical would you make the deal if someone offered it. I am really more interested in the opinions about the players and which would be the one you would want.

Curtis has shown the potential to be a good #1 or #2 WR. Manu has killed us in blocking and receiving. Marcedes would be an upgrade in both blocking and receiving.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -12-17-2005 at 01:59 AM.

RamsFan16 Guest

Maybe I am 50/50

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Itís all hypothetical would you make the deal if someone offered it.
    That's the point though - no one's going to offer it. I would suspect any GM who would send a top fifteen pick to Curtis would be fired on the spot.

But I think if you wanted a tight end with good blocking skills, you could do better than Lewis. Leonard Pope and Vernon Davis (should they declare, which they should) I think are both better blockers and you won't see a huge dropoff in their ability as receivers.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

socalramfan Guest

Hell yah I would be stoked to see Mercedes as a ram even more Id like to see Maurice Drew as a ram but I still think these threads are stupid we should be thinking about what defensive player we should recruit not offensive

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by socalramfan
    Hell yah I would be stoked to see Mercedes as a ram even more Id like to see Maurice Drew as a ram but I still think these threads are stupid we should be thinking about what defensive player we should recruit not offensive
    But as was said, it's all just hypothetical.

My first option would be to say absolutely not. Curtis has established himself, and still has several prime years in him. But then thinking about him being 27 makes me 2nd guess myself. We'd see a dropoff at the WR position, but we could probably replace him with a younger talent in a year or two.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

If this was on the table, I would do it in a second. Marcedes Lewis is a big time playmaker in a big time Ram type of offense. He would be a perfect fit and would pay immediate dividends IMO. He's a big, athletic target with amazing hands who has excelled in critical conversion situations and in the red zone. As he's done with UCLA, his presence would open up the Ram offense, create match-up problems for opposing defenses and give Marc Bulger a much needed safety outlet as well as a 6-6 scoring threat.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Talking Re: Curtis for Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA?

KEVIN curtis is a secret weapon for the rams. defenses think hes just a back up BUM but when he gets on the field some times he has glimpses of torry holt
    Torry Holt Dont play that

RamJackson39 Guest

No I wouldnt do it. Leonard Pope is probably the best TE in this group in terms of blocking, and has some really good hands. He could probably be picked up in the second round.

rams8821 is offline Registered User

Curtis is plain nasty. Would not trade him at all!
    Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram: