Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

cutler requests trade

the saga continues. Cutler now says he wants out and wont report on monday. If i was the lions, i would sure prefer cutler over stafford and i would be on the phone immediately.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Re: cutler requests trade

This is difficult, because I don't see any benefit for Denver in making a trade. McDaniels is certainly in some strife.

rams#1 Guest

I only see things getting worse.. Can you really blame Jay for acting this way? I think he Realizes that If he is gonna be traded then He might as well have a say in it.. I think that Josh Mcdaniels was going to take the "coward" role and deal Jay without even talking to him first. That's why Jay is upset. The Nfl Is a business, which should mean, "If it's any of your business, (Players) then you will know" which is short for We will Trade you if we want and you get No say in the matter. I am on Jay's side on this one.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I don't see how they can trade Cutler to the Lions. The other two qbs they have or anything from the Lions would be scary as a starter.

Unless they go out and pick up a Garcia the trade would have to involve a team willing to give up a starting quarterback.

IMHO

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Cutler is certainly building a great reputation for himself.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Thats why the Rams should trade for Cutler, so we would even get a younger QB...plus this would really make us go Defense 1st round. 0r maybe there thinking 0T to Guard that New Qb!

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams#1 View Post
    I only see things getting worse.. Can you really blame Jay for acting this way? I think he Realizes that If he is gonna be traded then He might as well have a say in it.. I think that Josh Mcdaniels was going to take the "coward" role and deal Jay without even talking to him first. That's why Jay is upset. The Nfl Is a business, which should mean, "If it's any of your business, (Players) then you will know" which is short for We will Trade you if we want and you get No say in the matter. I am on Jay's side on this one.
    Yes, I can. He needs to get over it. His new coach took a look at a QB he already new. Cutler is being a big baby. He is a quitter and he has done it in the games and now he is doing it to his team.

You can keep Cutler. His current attitude and frail state is not the kind of leadership this team is in need of.

GO RAMS

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    Thats why the Rams should trade for Cutler, so we would even get a younger QB...plus this would really make us go Defense 1st round. 0r maybe there thinking 0T to Guard that New Qb!

We would almost certainly be giving up our first round pick if we were trading for Cutler.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The Browns make the most sense if a trade is to be done. Cleveland can trade a QB for a QB.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

McDaniel over stepped himself by looking at trading a pro-bowl QB before he even looked at the team or talked with people. Cutler is acting like a spoiled brat but to be honest, which QB do you know coming off a pro-bowl wouldn't be offended at trade talks? If teams want their QB to make an investment in their community and be a leader, they can't turn around and act like they will just throw them away at the drop of a hat after doing everything asked of them. Just seems like McDaniel didn't fully grasp the realities of the job.

smitheRAM is offline Registered User

You want your QB to be a team leader. You want him to have confidence but that is pretty hard to do when ownership and the new coach say yea your our guy but we are looking and we will trade you if we find someone else. I think that attitude by the management makes it impossible for Cutler to be a team leader. It would be different if he was a rookie or he was a backup or if they brought someone into compete for the starting spot but because of how the Broncos are handling it I would ask for a trade also.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by smitheRAM View Post
    You want your QB to be a team leader. You want him to have confidence but that is pretty hard to do when ownership and the new coach say yea your our guy but we are looking and we will trade you if we find someone else. I think that attitude by the management makes it impossible for Cutler to be a team leader. It would be different if he was a rookie or he was a backup or if they brought someone into compete for the starting spot but because of how the Broncos are handling it I would ask for a trade also.
    Okay, that's fine and dandy, but why immediately run to the press and start crying and whining with every little twist and turn of this bizarre situation? What kind of judgement is that? From what I've read, Cutler is basically saying that the entire Bronco's organization from Pat Bowlen on down is lying about what's going on and are all out to get him. He want's the trade, has sold his house in Denver and is not going to report to team meetings. I don't know if this guy is paranoid, delusional, emotionally unstable or just plain nuts. Good luck to whatever team takes a chance on him.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

there are a lot of teams with absolutely no qb and who will try as hard as possible to pursue cutler. He is obviously hurt, whether it is warranted or not, and is going to be moved to spite his management. Look out for detroit and the jets, who will push the hardest and don't be surprised if teams like the titans, bears, and vikings try as well. Cutler has a really high ceiling, and a proven track record unlike all qbs in the draft.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I'm not trying to cut the guy some slack because I honestly don't know his story. I work in the media, however, and you don't have to run to us to whine... we are constantly tracking you down. If any of this leaked then I'm sure Cutler was swamped with endless calls trying to get a comment. Yes he could have said no comment but in this day and age that does little to stop the media frenzy from slowing down.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I'm not trying to cut the guy some slack because I honestly don't know his story. I work in the media, however, and you don't have to run to us to whine... we are constantly tracking you down. If any of this leaked then I'm sure Cutler was swamped with endless calls trying to get a comment. Yes he could have said no comment but in this day and age that does little to stop the media frenzy from slowing down.
    Unless someone can prove otherwise - this is the most sound explanation I've read. I just don't see the reality that he ran to the media crying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast