Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: cutler requests trade

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I'm not trying to cut the guy some slack because I honestly don't know his story. I work in the media, however, and you don't have to run to us to whine... we are constantly tracking you down. If any of this leaked then I'm sure Cutler was swamped with endless calls trying to get a comment. Yes he could have said no comment but in this day and age that does little to stop the media frenzy from slowing down.
    It was Cutler who fueled all this by publicly whining about Shanahan being fired, then whining about the offensive coaching staff being let go. It doesn't sound like the press had to swamp him with many calls to get him to continue airing anything and everything. Poor decision making on his part.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Tell you one thing; Shanahan has a wry smile on his face at the moment.Everyone in the Broncos organization looks foolish right now, esp the new GM.
    Sounds like this guy has the internal communications scrambled and there's infighting going on. Perhaps a bit of residual resentment among staffers about Shanahan's firing . Either the braintrust screwed up by not keeping Cutler in the loop about the Cassel thing if it was serious or somebody leaked a disruptive rumor to undermine Daniels.

Can't blame Daniels for considering the possibility even if he didn't initiate it; one less key relationship (with his QB) for a new HC to build.But I don't think I'd like my first conversation with a new boss to be a laundry list of my shortcomings,if that is true as reported.

All in all, sounds like the Shawgmunt school of team management has taken hold in Denver.

Regardless of the origins of this poopstorm, I have to withdraw my opinion that I'd trade Bulger for Cutler. Like Rambunctious, I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but his ongoing snitfit can"t fit with Spags' pillars.

Although it is possibly not good news for the pro-Curry camp or those,like me, who'd like the luxury of picking the best OT by our choice,not as Detroit's leftovers, a combo of Limpehan and Cutler in Detroit makes me laugh.

Dooomed...bwahaha...dooooomed....

Then again, if Cutler gets unloaded for Detroit's later 1st round pick...
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -03-16-2009 at 03:56 PM.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Cutler on Shanahan firing: 'I’m not pleased with it at all' : Broncos : The Rocky Mountain News

Sorry, don't see the whining. Everyone was shocked when Shanahan was fired and I don't think expressing your disappointment is whining. One of the things I've read about Cutler is that he is extremely loyal. My guess is much of this goes back to his loyalty to Shanahan and believing the Bronco's would be loyal to him. Maybe that isn't fair as a professional but I don't see that as whiny.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Cutler on Shanahan firing: 'I’m not pleased with it at all' : Broncos : The Rocky Mountain News

Sorry, don't see the whining. Everyone was shocked when Shanahan was fired and I don't think expressing your disappointment is whining. One of the things I've read about Cutler is that he is extremely loyal. My guess is much of this goes back to his loyalty to Shanahan and believing the Bronco's would be loyal to him. Maybe that isn't fair as a professional but I don't see that as whiny.
    I do see the whining, and it's continued for months. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

All of this may not put Cutler in a very flattering light, but the new coach and/or front office should have seen it coming. If you entertain offers for one of your star players, you know that you risk making them feel unwanted. But when you try to trade a Pro Bowler for a career backup at the same position...well, that's downright insulting.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Cutler is one of the more talented quarterbacks in the league. I would take him over Bulger any day of the week. The media is blowing his 'attitude' out of proportion. Cutler has been with the Broncos for 3 seasons. He was just as shocked as anyone that Shanahan was fired. Then the new guy in town was going to trade him, without even meeting him. Are you saying you would put your tail between your legs and not say anything?

In my opinion Cutler has a reason to be pissed off and I for one would be stoked to see him in horns. Not saying it's even a remote possibility, but it would be nice.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I dont think theres any chance the rams are going after cutler. The broncos would want a quarterback in return, and I cant see why the browns would trade away quinn just to get cutler. The rumours I'm hearing is the bills are really interested in cutler and scheffler and their agent was in buffalo yesterday talking with the bills. The broncos can't keep him because he won't play for them, so getting a quarterback like edwards back would be the smartest move they can make now since they are completely cornered.
    The bills with TO, evans, lynch, scheffler, and cutler would be very dangerous if it actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    The bills with TO, evans, lynch, scheffler, and cutler would be very dangerous if it actually happened.
    I don't know, I'm thinking the Bills with TO sounds like Cutler's worst nightmare. An abrasive Owens who has attacked the QB everywhere he's been and the thin skinned, brooding, ultra sensitive Culer?? If anything, it would certainly make for quality entertainment.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I do think that Cutler needs to grow up, but he does have every right to be mad. I really hope he gets traded and he burns the Broncos. That would be sweet revenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12