39thebeast is offline Registered User

Cutting Holt= Defense not Crabtree

Alot of people are saying cutting Holt means we are going to draft Crabtree. IMO I don't see it that way. This isn't the old St. Louis Rams who will throw the ball all over the place. The rams are looking to build a team that runs the ball and plays tough defense. So where does the money from cutting holt go to?

IMO all that money goes to Bartell, OJ, and a defensive player preferably a LB. With guys like Dansby, Crowder, Scott, and Vilma all on the market. I think it will be more wise for the Rams to go in that direction, and take a Tackle wth the first pick.

The Rams spent early picks on develping guys like Avery and Burton and still have Bennett and Stanley to add different dimensions to the offense. I think it would be more wise to add a WR in the 4th round or later and continue to build a strong defense, running game, and develop our young WRs.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Cutting Holt= Defense not Crabtree

I have to agree. I assume the philosophies being brought in to the organization are the same from where they came from, meaning no early WRs or other skill players of that nature. I anticipate a healthy bulking up of our trenches, and working outward.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Nice post. I agree with your statements. It would be much more productive and useful to this team if we solidify our defense with the money we get from Holt, rather than go out and get a "prospective" playmaker.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

With OT's A. Smith & M. Oher slipping in the mock drafts. If Rams trade down for just a 2nd & 4th in this years draft they could still end up getting one of the two OT's mentioned. I wouldn't want Rams to move down past the 10th pick.

We would lose out on OT's E. Monroe & J. Smith. For the ram fans that want offencesive line.
    RD ( 1 ) OT A. Smith (Doesn't work as OT move to Gaurd)
    RD ( 2 ) C A. Mack or E. Wood
    RD ( 2 ) OT P. Loadholt

Would that solidfy the line for all you Ram fans. The rest of the draft can be for defence please!

Defence Builds Championships ! !

djdeeznutz Guest

Takes Dasby off that list cuz he is obviously going to remain a Cardinal (by franchise tag). I like Vilma better than Crowder but the Saints will do everything they can to keep Vilma so i do not see us getting him.

Crowder seems like the likely target cuz the Dolphins are probably not going to re-sign him. But we might have to bid for him cuz i heard the Falcons want him to be a SLB.

But why would we settle for Crowder if we cut Holt?? The guy is not an impact player! Also i do not see the big deal about Witherspoon he is not bad at MLB he is actually good. He might be better at WLB but if he moves to WLB then what will happen to our linebackers? Will we drop Pisa too or just simply move him to SLB?

Honestly this is my opinion:

1. Trade Holt to the Titans for a 4th (and maybe a 6th cuz the Titans have a late 4th)

2. a. Spend the money on Matt Birk (2yrs) and either join a bidding war for Jordon Gross or take Stacy Andrews (5yrs)

2. b. Take jerome (or jermaine 4got name) Butler SS form the Giants

3. Take Andre Smith (yall are about to kill me right now) Let him play RG this season while Gross or Andrews play RT and we have a Barron for back up

4. See if James Laurinaitis falls out of the top 20 if he does get a deal done with the Eagles (this may cost 2009 2nd round pick, 4th round pick, 6th round pick, 2010 1st round pick) and take Laurinatis.

Or just take Clint Stinson in the 2nd to play OLB and keep Spoon ILB.

5. Take Ron Brace in the 3rd.

Think about it we have a good OL (finally i dont have to say solid or bad) and our Defense looks good

or do u think im just another ramblin idiot.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I would want Rams to restructure Pace's contract & keep him until he & Team thinks it's time to retire. I think the Great OT Jackie Slater played for 18 seasons.

If rams can't restructure Holt's contract then cut him. With his price tag nobody will trade for him. Not when they can get him for free with no compensation.

That would open up enough $ to be able to sign CB Bartel & FS Atogwe.
    Then Rams could go after one of these freeagents Dansby, Crowder, Scott, and Vilma for the MLB position.
    That would leave Center & SS as biggest needs.If Rams trade down to the 6th or 7th pick for just a extra 2nd it could look like this.
    1st OT Oher
    2nd C Mack If slides
    2nd WR K. Britt or DE M.Johnson if slides

what say Ye

diehard99 is offline Registered User

F.Y.I. Butler is a FS that isnt all that highly regarded.