Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Czarnecki: Browns sending Rams "weird, uninterested signals" about RGIII

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Czarnecki: Browns sending Rams "weird, uninterested signals" about RGIII

This is from Fox Sport's John Czarnecki, who has been an editorial consultant for "FOX NFL Sunday" since its 1994 inception.

3. Is there a mystery team wanting Robert Griffin III?

The Rams have their fingers crossed on this scenario while the media world merely talks about Cleveland and Washington as being the most logical trading partners. The Rams want a lot, and Cleveland’s two first-round picks (4th and 22nd) won’t be enough compensation for the second pick in the draft. The Rams know the Redskins will be aggressive, but they have been getting weird, uninterested signals from the Browns.

One of the problems is that Mike “Big Show” Holmgren has never really done a trade of this magnitude and, two, his coaching staff remains confused on what to do with RGIII. Their talk of him being Michael Vick-like doesn’t create confidence with Holmgren. Nor does it help him that GM Tom Heckert has been out of commission because of a serious illness.

Let me tell you, I think Andy Reid would trade Vick straight up for RG3. Personally, I think the Cowboys should be interested in RG3, but one mystery team might be the Broncos. John Elway loves the Heisman winner, and it’s been no secret that their scouting department did extensive homework on college quarterbacks last fall. Then again, Elway may just hope that Ryan Tannehill falls to them.
    Full article here: Is there a mystery team after RG3? - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Czarnecki: Browns sending Rams "weird, uninterested signals" about RGIII

What the hell are we supposed to do with Vick if Reid wants to trade him for 1.2?
    I believe!

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I heard a weird rumor weeks ago that Elway loves RG3 and Jacksonville wants Tebow and would make a trade probably involving the 7th pick for Tebow and the 25th pick. Then they would package a whole bunch of picks like the Skins to get RG3. Its not happening, but it would blow my mind if it did.
    I believe Dallas would look into it and I have no doubt Jones isn't too happy with Romo's success in big games. I have a tough time believing Philly would really spend to go after RG3, but there was another rumor heard on NFLN that they wanted to offer the rights for Desean, a 1 2 and 3, and a 1 next year.

Washington and Cleveland (and maybe Miami) are the best teams to trade for. Not in our division, we don't move to far down in this draft, and the chances of them making the playoffs next year is slim making next years first more valuable. The more weird rumors and teams the more the price. If I was betting Washington would be the huge favorite right now.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    What the hell are we supposed to do with Vick if Reid wants to trade him for 1.2?
    It would have to be some kind of three way trade where Vick is traded by the Eagles and then those picks are packaged with Eagles picks to trade for the second spot.
    Vick to Miami for 8, and a second round pick next year - 15, 2nd, 3rd, 1st next year.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What does that "report" even mean? Did Holmgren and Shurmur walk bye Fisher and Snead during RGIII's press conference, pause, and exclaim "meh"?
    ZiaRam and Johnblaze like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    What does that "report" even mean? Did Holmgren and Shurmur walk bye Fisher and Snead during RGIII's press conference, pause, and exclaim "meh"?
    rofl!!!!!!!