throwback week

Thread: D. Rhoades

bigtiger737 Guest

D. Rhoades

Ithink that's how his last name is right. the HB from the raiders and texans before hand. What do you guys think about looking at him as a 2nd back?? I'm not sure what we have for keepers in our team right now so thought I would see what some others think?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: D. Rhoades

He was at the Colts before he was a Raider, i dont think he has played for the Texans

i dont think we need him. We have Jackson, Pittman, Leonard, Minor and some undrafted FAs

Mooselini Guest

Why? As Tomahawk said, we already have Leonard, Pittman and Minor.

Plus I think one more from the undrafted free agents.

I would rather sign Steven Jackson's contract before we negotiate with ANOTHER running back.

ENN107 Guest

Big Tig, man you butchered your info. Wrong last name, wrong former teams

eric2810 is offline Registered User

If we can sign him to a legit contract thats not too high, then im ok with bringing him in. There was times were the Raiders needs key first downs and even with there poor OLine, Rhodes got it done...I only see rhodes in when Steven needs a breather.

rammiser is offline Registered User

The reason to bring in Rhodes is plain and simple because he is better than any backup we have. He would be a great guy to play behind Jax. Leonard I'm not impressed with and Pittman hasnt proven anything. Rhodes is far better than Minor who I wouldnt mind us parting with. He's only 29 so he isnt old by any means and he's mostly been a backup so his tread isnt that worn. Use Rhodes and Pittman as backups and try to convert Leonard into the Cooley like H-back. I could deal with that and Leonard has good recieving skills and we could dump some of those extra tight ends like Owens.
    Just Fix It

Ramer Guest

rammiser, you make a good argument for Rhodes. I also like your idea about moving Leonard into the Cooley like H-back.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    The reason to bring in Rhodes is plain and simple because he is better than any backup we have. He would be a great guy to play behind Jax. Leonard I'm not impressed with and Pittman hasnt proven anything. Rhodes is far better than Minor who I wouldnt mind us parting with. He's only 29 so he isnt old by any means and he's mostly been a backup so his tread isnt that worn.
    Pittman hasn't proved much because he's a rookie who hasn't even been with the team a full year. I'll agree that Rhodes is a better player than Minor, but that's not saying a whole lot, and he wouldn't be considered old if runningbacks didn't tend to hit the wall at 30. It wouldn't be a bad idea to bring him in, but the salary would have to be reasonable.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Its all about the cap guys. Great to have him, but at this point, probably a luxery item we cant afford. Use the cash to sign the big boy long term

ramming speed to all

general counsel

bigtiger737 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ENN107 View Post
    Big Tig, man you butchered your info. Wrong last name, wrong former teams
    Wow yeah I blame my back and my flexeril's lol .... they must still be kicking in did espn just say marvin harrison was involved in a shooting???

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    Wow yeah I blame my back and my flexeril's lol .... they must still be kicking in did espn just say marvin harrison was involved in a shooting???

Yea, it says it happened outside his bar in Philly on Tuesday. No one was killed but he's being investigated.

shower beers is offline Registered User

We don't need this guy. Sign Jackson!

1st & Goal Guest

The team has made a commitment to quality individual. Rhodes was suspended for 4 games at the beginning of last year. Why would the team sign him?