AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Dan LeFevour and Levi Brown putting on a show tonight!

Watching the GMAC Bowl: Troy v. Central Michigan. Right now, they're in OT. I tuned in to watch the two Senior QBs, Troy's Levi Brown and Central Michigan's Dan LeFevour.

I'm impressed with both guys.

Both have good size, seem to have strong arms, and have made some very good throws tonight.

Brown is a pure pocket passer. He stands in there and has demonstrated the ability to focus downfield even when under pressure. He's not very mobile, but he moves his feet well within the pocket.

LeFevour is more mobile. He is faster than I realized and throws well rolling to his right. He has made some throws tonight that made me exclaim "Whoa!"

I'd say these two guys (with LeFevour ahead of Brown) represent the "third tier" of QBs in this draft. You have the first tier of Clausen and Bradford, the second tier of McCoy, Pike, Mallett (if he declares) and, for some, Tim Tebow.

If the Rams decide not to take a QB until Round 4 or later, I'd keep an eye on both of these guys.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Dan LeFevour and Levi Brown putting on a show tonight!

AV, I thought LeFevour was projected to be in the 3rd round?

It seems like it'd be a steal to get either one of them in the 4th round. Regardless, if we get one of these QBs, although I think they have great potential, I think we'd have to get a veteran QB in free agency unless Bulger feels he can go through another season. It'll be interesting...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

The Rammer is offline Registered User

I'm convinced that LeFevour should be wearing the horns next year. That throw near the end of regulation to set them up for the touchdown was great. The pressure was coming, he got hit hard, but he was able to step up and fire the ball downfield and hitting his receiver in stride. And perhaps he could keep his number 13 and be like the other number 13.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If he has a good pre-draft season, LeFevour could very well be a third round pick. Tonight, he certainly looked like he would be worth a selection in that range.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

yeah i watched this game and was impressed by lefevour in particular. good mobility, solid arm strength, pretty accurate and makes good decisions.