Torry Holt is offline Registered User

Danario Alexander

Do you have any news about Danario Alexander ? I know he visited the team but wonder if he'll be in training camp. Despite the injuries the guy is a beast. I really hope the Rams could sign this receiver to add size and playmaking ability to the WR corp. A cheap contract could be done. Low risk big reward !

Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: Danario Alexander

Never heard of this guy..

The Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Never heard of this guy..
    Oh, he could be of real use to us. He's an undrafted free agent because of injury issues (he's torn up his knee 4 times in the past four years), but here are his pro day stats:

6'5", 41.5" vertical, 4.4 40-yard dash.

Played for Missouri in college for four years, but was only healthy in his senior year, where he led the NCAA in receiving last year with 1,781 yards, had 113 receptions, and had 14 touchdown catches. The only problem is that he's coming off another injury which he suffered at the Senior Bowl, so teams don't want to take a risk on him despite the fact that he could become a superstar.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

He's a practice squad guy, unless he can really unseat one of our 600 receivers. I am really high on the guy I just don't see our situations working out together.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I say we definitely give him a chance. I realize we have a boatload or WRs in camp, but i prefer quality over quantity. i can go out to the bar and bring home 10 busted water buffalos, but would rather have one fine lady instead! sorry random analogy, but i am just saying, Alexander could become a stud! Rams should sign him if the info that he passed their physical is true

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

He had a visit with the Rams and Seahawks a week and a half ago, but there's been no news since. Fans can keep talking about the potential big reward he could bring, but NFL teams apparently aren't seeing it. Maybe he ends up on someone's practice squad this year, I dunno.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He had a visit with the Rams and Seahawks a week and a half ago, but there's been no news since. Fans can keep talking about the potential big reward he could bring, but NFL teams apparently aren't seeing it. Maybe he ends up on someone's practice squad this year, I dunno.
    I guess the knee just hasn't come around. But even with a healthy knee, Alexander would have the same adjustment that Avery had coming into the league from a spread offense. One surprising knock on a guy of his size is that Alexander did not get off the line well against bump coverage. He'd see a lot of more of that at the next level.

It may just not be in the cards for him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

DPskywalker is offline Registered User

Danario ALexander: WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?!?!

SO, there's a 6'5 WR with a 41 inch verticle leap who ran the 40 in 4.4 and led the NCAA in receiving yards at a major school. He can be had for the league minimum.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE? He passed the physical. Our roster isn;t exactly teeming with proven commodities at WR. This guy has Randy Moss potential. If he doesn't pan out, all we lose is a roster spot.

Who would you rather have: a project TE who's played almost no football or an injury-prone WR who led the NCAA in yards?!? I like Onubun just fine, but we've already proven we're ready to roll the dice on roster spots, so let's go!!!!!

AND he's from Missouri!!!

What is the problem, here? This guy is all upside.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Danario ALexander: WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?!?!

He visited the Rams almost 2 weeks and passed the physical, and was due to visit the Seahawks as well I think. I think it must be his knees that have people skeptical. Didn't he have 3 prior knee surgeries before his senior bowl injury and subsequent surgery?

AtlantaRamFan is online now Registered User

Until I'm given a reason not to, I'll trust Spags and his coaches. These guys know football way better than we ever will. They've got information that we'll never have. And 29 other teams passed on signing this guy. I'd love to sign him, sure. But if they haven't, I'm sure there's a very good reason.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Truth is he's way behind on everything and wouldn't make the final cut.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DPskywalker View Post
    SO, there's a 6'5 WR with a 41 inch verticle leap who ran the 40 in 4.4 and led the NCAA in receiving yards at a major school. He can be had for the league minimum.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE? He passed the physical. Our roster isn;t exactly teeming with proven commodities at WR. This guy has Randy Moss potential. If he doesn't pan out, all we lose is a roster spot.

Who would you rather have: a project TE who's played almost no football or an injury-prone WR who led the NCAA in yards?!? I like Onubun just fine, but we've already proven we're ready to roll the dice on roster spots, so let's go!!!!!

AND he's from Missouri!!!

What is the problem, here? This guy is all upside.
    Both are projects, so I'll go with the intact guy over the guy whose knees explode if you look at them funny.