Thread: Da'Rick Rogers

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Da'Rick Rogers

I'm starting to watch more and more tape, and I've decided to start with the WR's. Man, I think Rogers can be a steal for a team. He played for the Tennessee Vols in 2011, until he got kicked off the team for failed drug tests. He than transferred to Tennessee Tech. That is definitely a red flag. Rogers has Round 1 talent (no questions asked), but will slip into the 2nd round and maybe even the 3rd. If he can stay clean and change his ways, he will be dangerous in the NFL. He is also much faster than he looks.

Rogers is 6'3 and 215 lbs. He's a pretty big WR. Here are his stats from last year:

2011 - 67 receptions, 1,040 yards, 15.5 avg, and 9 TD's.

He needs to improve his route running skills. He likes to round off at times, which can cost the team. He is a big bodied, strong, and physical WR. He has exceptional hands and always makes incredible catches. Very tough, and a pretty good run blocker.

I compare him to Brandon Marshall. Rogers reminds me of Marshall a lot. If Rogers can improve his route running at the next level, he can be a #1 WR. This guy can be a potential steal, yet at the same time can hurt a team if his red flags continue.

Now, I'm not sure if we should go out and grab another day 2 WR, but Rogers certainly has the talent of a 1st rounder. Quick was drafted in the 2nd due to his physical stature, though he was extremely raw. Rogers is much more natural.

Da'Rick Rogers-recap-unc.jpg

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Da'Rick Rogers

Well, one thing is for sure - this coaching staff is willing to take a chance on talented players who have some off the field issues they're trying to put behind them.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!