Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
Carriker has already pretty much been declared our NT with Wroten and Glover splitting time on the other side.
You might be right, and I have no complaint about taking Carricker. However, I think the best fit for him in our scheme would be as an interior pass-rusher a la La'roi Glover. He has never played nose tackle in the past, and I don't think that would be the best use of his talents. If we had taken a nose tackle later on the first day of the draft, Carricker would probably be playing defensive end for us. I don't doubt his willingness to play wherever we want him, but desire is just one part of the equation.

Personally, I would have liked to see us take a speed rusher or an immovable nose tackle at some point in the first three rounds, and I think there was value at those positions available when we picked. Now I think Brian Leonard is going to be very good. He might even be starter quality if we didn't have a feature back already, but when you look at the big picture this off-season, it just feels like we've enhanced an already dominating offense without sufficiently addressing our greatest vulnerabilities.