Country is offline Registered User

DE Jarvis Moss [Florida]

What do you guys [Nick] think about picking up Jarvis Moss in the 1st round, maybe after a trade down, and having him play sityuationally for a year while he adds some weight. This guy has freak athletic ability and could spark the Rams pass rush while playing behind a FA like Chris Kelsay or James Hall.

The Guy is

6'7"

252lbs.

4.68 40 yard dash.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: DE Jarvis Moss [Florida]

At 6'7" 252 he sounds better suited at MLB.

That would be a monster if he adds 10-20 lbs.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

He is too much of a speed rusher and you say we can play him in situations but we need someone who can play most of the game at right end. we can't wait for him to get bigger while everyone else gets older

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    What do you guys [Nick] think about picking up Jarvis Moss in the 1st round, maybe after a trade down, and having him play sityuationally for a year while he adds some weight. This guy has freak athletic ability and could spark the Rams pass rush while playing behind a FA like Chris Kelsay or James Hall.

The Guy is

6'7"

252lbs.

4.68 40 yard dash.
    Isn't a 4.68 40-time a little mediocre, especially for a top 15 pick? What is the "freak athletic ability" that you are referring to , Country?

WHAT SAY YE?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81 View Post
    He is too much of a speed rusher
    Which we're going to need when Little calls it a career. And he could be used immediately in a rotation with Adeyanju, since Victor is more of a run defender.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Isn't a 4.68 40-time a little mediocre, especially for a top 15 pick?
    I'm pretty sure Moss' 4.69 tied with Gaines Adams as one of the best of all DE's in this year's class. So I wouldn't call it mediocre.

Rambos is offline Registered User

It sounds as if Linehan would prefer to add a pass-rushing end to the roster in '07 rather than the all-around type.

"As an offensive guy, you worry more about the guy that rushes the passer," Linehan said. "I'd like to get that guy where you know his name ... because you watch that third-down tape all week and he's running around offensive tackles all the time."

You don't know if he is blowing smoke, but it sounds as if he wants a pass rusher first.

Country is offline Registered User

1. The starting RE spot will be maned by a free agent like James Hall, any team that relys ona rookie to start is asking for trouble.

2. 4.68 is upper echelon for DEs in the 40 yard dash. Mario Williams ran a 4.75.

keith m. klink Guest

ithink (nick) is correct on this one , i believe that someone like moss could be taken, and linehan said himself that victor is more of a 1st and 2nd down guy, that does better stopping the run, so a 3rd down pass russer could be the target. and moss could be the quick end when little goes. this could be a total possability, and a trade down to do it would only add value and picks to the team. this would be totally o.k . if this scenario played out on draft day.

snowbozo21 is offline Registered User

if we draft moss, we could use him on special teams as well. He blocked a couple of FG's against South Carolina I believe. oh and btw I was the first one on the clan to be on the moss bandwagon i had to get that in.
    Last edited by snowbozo21; -02-27-2007 at 03:51 PM. Reason: had to add something