Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deangelo Hall

GameTime is offline Registered User

Deangelo Hall

Adam Schefter reports that Hall will not be a Falcon next year.

watching the combine and an article written by Jim Thomas has me thinking this could work. I will let you all disect it.

If we take Jake Long, we have to play him and sit either Pace or Barron. Could you see us trading Barron for Hall? throw in a draft pick. Then draft Jake and we have two good tackles (Provided Pace is healthy) and we add a great corner to our secondary.

what do you guys think? Does Devaney have an advantage in aquiring him since he knows the organization?

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Deangelo Hall

barron for hall is fine with one MAJOR problem. The reason Hall is leaving atlanta is that he wants a massive contract, like the one nate clements got. We dont have any shot of affording that. He is an unrestricted free agent after next year.

I would love to have hall. Cross it off your list completely, we are not in the ballpark.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

GameTime is offline Registered User

makes sense

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Adam Schefter reports that Hall will not be a Falcon next year.

watching the combine and an article written by Jim Thomas has me thinking this could work. I will let you all disect it.

If we take Jake Long, we have to play him and sit either Pace or Barron. Could you see us trading Barron for Hall? throw in a draft pick. Then draft Jake and we have two good tackles (Provided Pace is healthy) and we add a great corner to our secondary.

what do you guys think? Does Devaney have an advantage in aquiring him since he knows the organization?
    If other needs weren't so pressing, the trade might make sense except for what GC pointed out regarding the money end of it. My take is we can upgrade all of our dbs if we can significantly improve our pass rush. I would much prefer C. Long, Dorsey, Ellis, or Gholston to J. Long right now. D. Hall is a luxury we cannot afford at this point.

Ramer is offline Registered User

Sounds good to me, let's do it!

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I think the Falcons are looking for something around the area of a first round draft pick. I don't think you can legitimately attribute the value of a first round pick to Alex Barron.

Milan is offline Registered User

DeAngelo is extremely overrated. He's also a locker room cancer, I don't want him near the Rams unless he's being burned by Holt.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    DeAngelo is extremely overrated. He's also a locker room cancer, I don't want him near the Rams unless he's being burned by Holt.
    I was about to say the same thing. But having a PLAYER with his skill and an affordable contract would be great. I'll have to pass on Hall though.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

2 short corners hill/Hall isn't going to be a good matchup against big guys like Terelle Owens and Plexico Buress who we will be playing next year

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Cancer? Name one player that was happy with the way the Falcons season went. He was just more vocal about it. Don't hold that against him, Michael Vick was/is a locker room cancer. If you can give a second and get him to agree to a long contract take it. Release Chavous, draft a replacement in the 3rd. Trade Little, for whatever you can get. Hall's worth it. Hall held Owens without a touchdown when Owens played for the Eagles.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

[QUOTE=RedArcher7;214379]Cancer? Name one player that was happy with the way the Falcons season went. He was just more vocal about it. Don't hold that against him, Michael Vick was/is a locker room cancer.QUOTE]

Exactly. What Hall couldn't handle was the locker room post Vick, and the way Coach Petrino seemed like he didn't want to go near the players. He was speaking out against a coach who should have stepped up and led his team in unfavourable circumstances. He didn't, and I don't have a problem with Hall calling him on that.

Now, the trade proposed makes little sense. The Falcons need an OT, for sure, but does it make sense to trade one of the best corners in the league for a former first round pick with only two years left on his contract and no real credits to his name aside from the prestegious world record for consecutive false starts?

Moreover, as GC mentioned, He wants big bucks, and deservedly so. He's not going to get them here. I'd also be concerned about his height when paired with Tye Hill. That would be one of the smallest starting combinations in the NFL.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Hall's worth it. Hall held Owens without a touchdown when Owens played for the Eagles.
    If you're referring to their 2005 match-up, Owens caught seven passes for 112 yards. Not a performance I'd put on my rťsumť as a defensive back.

Anyways, I think there are maturity red flags with DeAngelo Hall. One needs only to go back to the Falcons' Week Three game against Carolina to see why, and I think the nature and phrasing of some of his comments support that theory as well.

You can say what you want about everyone being upset about the direction Petrino was going, but he comes off as being pretty selfish and immature at times. "I will not be a part of a losing team another year, no matter what I got to do, no matter who hates me." Does this sound like a good locker room guy? I can't imagine that it does.

Milan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Cancer? Name one player that was happy with the way the Falcons season went. He was just more vocal about it. Don't hold that against him, Michael Vick was/is a locker room cancer. If you can give a second and get him to agree to a long contract take it. Release Chavous, draft a replacement in the 3rd. Trade Little, for whatever you can get. Hall's worth it. Hall held Owens without a touchdown when Owens played for the Eagles.

He is not that good. I don't know why everyone insists on him going to the Pro Bowl each year, he's just a 'name' guy. He has speed but is terrible in coverage.

Perfect example: YouTube - Pro Bowl skillz
    And that game VS. the Panthers where he racked up 70+ yards of penalties on ONE drive.

Also, the incident this year where reportedly he got into a fight with another couple of players in the locker room.

Also, he's an idiot. I don't want an average CB with his personality on the Rams.

And honestly, I'm confident that we have a better CB in Tye Hill here. He's faster, he can jump higher and he's good in coverage.
    Last edited by Milan; -02-24-2008 at 11:24 AM.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    He is not that good. I don't know why everyone insists on him going to the Pro Bowl each year, he's just a 'name' guy. He has speed but is terrible in coverage.

Perfect example: YouTube - Pro Bowl skillz
    And that game VS. the Panthers where he racked up 70+ yards of penalties on ONE drive.

Also, the incident this year where reportedly he got into a fight with another couple of players in the locker room.

Also, he's an idiot. I don't want an average CB with his personality on the Rams.

And honestly, I'm confident that we have a better CB in Tye Hill here. He's faster, he can jump higher and he's good in coverage.

I've always thought Hall was over rated and got too much credit. Everytime I see him covering a good wr he gets beat like a drum and that video is a good example. I thought bringing in Samuel would be a good idea in another thread untill someone pointed out the fact that no corner looks good if the d-line isnt getting pressure on the qb. We need d-line starting help, we need o-line depth we dont need Jake The Mistake Long. If we draft J. Long we will have another miserable season next year because he doesnt fill a need. We dont need another starting tackle we have two of those already. Pace's last two injuries were pretty freak injuries. I doubt it happens again. I dont want to draft a guy just in case someone goes down and watch a 1st round pick sit on the bench and wait for an injury to happen. Also I dont think J. Long is worthy of the 2nd overall pick.
    Just Fix It

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Hall still stopped Owens on every third down attempt, Hall also wasn't covering him every play. I guess a player goes to the probowl because he had a bad year. The guy's cocky and he plays corner, oh no! Tye Hill's better? What could you possibly have to base that off of? His rookie year? Half of last year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-23-2008, 07:37 PM