Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deangelo Hall

Milan is offline Registered User

Re: Deangelo Hall

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Hall still stopped Owens on every third down attempt, Hall also wasn't covering him every play. I guess a player goes to the probowl because he had a bad year. The guy's cocky and he plays corner, oh no! Tye Hill's better? What could you possibly have to base that off of? His rookie year? Half of last year?
    The fact that he has more physical ability (Which is what Dante is known for) and he could cover pretty decently. And that whenever Hall is lined up next to a receiver who is more than just average, he gets burnt pretty easily.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    He is not that good. I don't know why everyone insists on him going to the Pro Bowl each year, he's just a 'name' guy. He has speed but is terrible in coverage.

Perfect example: YouTube - Pro Bowl skillz
    And that game VS. the Panthers where he racked up 70+ yards of penalties on ONE drive.

Also, the incident this year where reportedly he got into a fight with another couple of players in the locker room.

Also, he's an idiot. I don't want an average CB with his personality on the Rams.

And honestly, I'm confident that we have a better CB in Tye Hill here. He's faster, he can jump higher and he's good in coverage.
    I totally agree, I've always thought he was a little overrated (Hall). He gets burnt by good receivers and lets his emotions get to his head, which in turn interfere with his play bigtime. He will want a big contract, and as rammiser pointed out:

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I've always thought Hall was over rated and got too much credit. Everytime I see him covering a good wr he gets beat like a drum and that video is a good example. I thought bringing in Samuel would be a good idea in another thread untill someone pointed out the fact that no corner looks good if the d-line isnt getting pressure on the qb. We need d-line starting help, we need o-line depth we dont need Jake The Mistake Long. If we draft J. Long we will have another miserable season next year because he doesnt fill a need. We dont need another starting tackle we have two of those already. Pace's last two injuries were pretty freak injuries. I doubt it happens again. I dont want to draft a guy just in case someone goes down and watch a 1st round pick sit on the bench and wait for an injury to happen. Also I dont think J. Long is worthy of the 2nd overall pick.
    We need to get C. Long and not get rid of Barron/Pace, as C. Long fills a need. Asante and Deangelo both want fat contracts, and I frankly think Deangelo wouldn't deserve one. He is overrated and we shouldn't give up a quality player for him. Bad in the locker room as well.

EDIT: And yes, I also think Jake Long isn't worthy of the second overall pick, and we should go Chris Long all the way (if he's available).

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

The fact that he has more physical ability (Which is what Dante is known for) and he could cover pretty decently. And that whenever Hall is lined up next to a receiver who is more than just average, he gets burnt pretty easily.
    What? The dude was 6th in the league in passes defended, only two of those top five had more tackles, and given that Atlanta had a horrid defense I'd say that's a good corner. I don't know who Dante is or what he has to do with any of this... To get burned you have to be a lot slower than someone, which Hall is not even close to, he's one of the fastest men in the NFL. Or you jump a route which isn't being run. Which would make him aggressive. That's not a bad thing, if he jumps a route its a pick. Chris McCallister plays like that. Does that make him lousy in coverage?

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Deangelo Hall is a stud hands down, one of the best corner backs in the league, but there is no way in hell the rams are going to get him... end of discussion

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Deangelo Hall is a stud hands down, one of the best corner backs in the league, but there is no way in hell the rams are going to get him... end of discussion
    You would be correct sir.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-23-2008, 07:37 PM