Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bald_81 is offline Registered User

DeAngelo Hall traded to the Raiders.

From ESPN:

The Atlanta Falcons have reached an agreement in principle with the Oakland Raiders to trade cornerback DeAngelo Hall for the Raiders' second-round pick in the 2008 draft, pending the Raiders finalizing a contract with Hall, according to a source close to the Falcons.

Hall is close to agreeing to a contract with the Raiders that will pay him just below what Asante Samuel signed with the Eagles, according to the source. Samuel signed a six-year deal worth a reported $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed.

Hall is a former first-rounder taken with the eighth pick in the 2004 draft.
    I thought it would take more to get Hall and now I am a little angered the Rams wouldn't try and make a play for him, with us having a higher pick in the second round. This move officially makes Oakland's secondary scary.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-15-2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: No links

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: DeAngelo Hall traded to the Raiders.

I personally wouldn't have wanted to give the 33rd overall pick to Atlanta for Hall, so I'm glad the Rams didn't make that deal. Personally I think he's overrated and not among the league's top corners.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Nick, the raiders already have 2 good corners, so what does this mean for them?

Also, have fun in Oakland Deangelo!!! you wont be winning more than 4 a year!!!
    Built RAM tough

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I personally wouldn't have wanted to give the 33rd overall pick to Atlanta for Hall, so I'm glad the Rams didn't make that deal. Personally I think he's overrated and not among the league's top corners.
    Totally agree about him being over rated. Chad johnson made that guy look like a statue and the Rams wr's never had much trouble with him either. People can say what they want about him but I agree he is over rated!
    Just Fix It

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

I say we should have made a play for him because of all this speculation that Brown could be suspended for the year. Of course if he is clean then this is a non-issue, but if we were to lose Brown for the year that would be a big blow to our secondary.

chiguy is online now Registered User

Even with Brown's possible suspension / boot from the team, I'm not sure I'd put CB over DE and OT on our needs list.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall refuted an ESPN report that he will be traded to the Raiders.
    "Somebody's throwing something out there," Hall told the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Saturday afternoon. Neither Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff nor Hall's agent have returned phone calls.
    Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Even with Brown's possible suspension / boot from the team, I'm not sure I'd put CB over DE and OT on our needs list.
    exactly, with bartell we have decent depth, wade is a project but he can be ok at times, a good #4 cb. DE and OT are def. bigger needs
    Built RAM tough

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Hall is close to agreeing to a contract with the Raiders that will pay him just below what Asante Samuel signed with the Eagles, according to the source. Samuel signed a six-year deal worth a reported $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed.
    No thank you.

If this is true, maybe it means Nnamdi Asomugha will be on the trade block.

:l

-jake-

Striped_Kramer is offline Registered User

It's a good move for him. Definitely wouldn't have wanted to pay that kind of money for the guy, but I would imagine seeing Brandon Marshall, Chris Chambers and Dwayne Bowe twice a year looks a lot more attractive to a corner than Brees/Colston, Steve Smith and Galloway/Bryant.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

That's funny, as I'd much rather see Colston(slow, which means he can gamble as he's much faster), Smith(ok, he's damn good, but Hall is faster), and Galloway/Bryant(Galloway's fast, but only has a year or two left and Bryant sucks). Marshall and Bowe are as good as Colston and just as young. Chambers is in his prime like Smith is, but more of a matchup problem kinda like a faster Colston.

Also remember that he now faces strong run offenses that will punish him, as opposed to one strong run offense, a pass based one, and one that flipflops on sucking or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Also remember that he now faces strong run offenses that will punish him, as opposed to one strong run offense, a pass based one, and one that flipflops on sucking or not.
    LOL... definitely true.

He matches up well with Marshall and Bowe, considering there's nobody on the other side of the field that Asomugha/Washington can't handle, so Schweigert/Wilson can help out a ton. Chambers will probably be his big test, but he did well against Smith last year (who admittedly didn't have the best QB situation in the world). Colston lit him up, though.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Other than one long play, Tye Hill locked down Smith in the opening game when his QB situation was much better. And Hill is nowhere close to the league that Hall thinks he's in.

Somehow, I'm not surprised at all that Davis picked him up. He's fast as all get out, who cares about skill? That said, he, Tye Hill and Devin Hester lock down defenses for me in Madden pretty darn well.

LOL I'm pretty sure Jim Hostler used the "Ask Madden" feature to call most of our games last year...

39thebeast is offline Registered User

The Raiders are the Knicks of football they never make sense. What was the point of franchising Asomuguah. Asomuguah better size and has been great and their system and isn't a character concern. They couldve payed Asomogah less instead of franchising him and still keep their second round pick. They are so dumb its annoying sometimes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast