Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By HUbison
  • 1 Post By Fortuninerhater
  • 1 Post By DE_Ramfan

Thread: Debate revisited: Routing for the Rams to lose meaningless games-RGIII lesson

general counsel is offline Registered User

Debate revisited: Routing for the Rams to lose meaningless games-RGIII lesson

Let's revisit what has often been a spirited debate on the board. When the Rams are completely out of it, is it ever ok to cheer for them to lose.

I have always been a proponent of the side that says that its all about winning titles. I really dont care at all about the difference between 4-12 and 2-14, or 6-10 vs 4-12. I care about giving the rams the best chance to compete for a title. I understand that the draft is a crapshoot and there are no guarantees that picking higher means that you get better players. I also believe strongly that better picks impact the odds in your favor. I dont believe at all in "momentum" from one season to the next.

For those who say that they can never cheer for the rams to lose under any circumstance, i respect your opinion. I just want to check whether all of you would still feel the same way if the rams had won in week 16 and were picking 3rd instead of second. Do you see anyone in this draft that will help the rams as much as 3 # 1's and a #2? Granted, all #2 picks arent remotely close to as valuable as this years pick and this may be an extreme example, but it does make the point. The Rams future certainly looks a lot brighter, albeit with no guarantees, with this boatload of picks than it would have looked if we won a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season. Said another way, how would you like to be a vikings fan about now?

Let the debate begin.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Debate revisited: Routing for the Rams to lose meaningless games-RGIII lesson

On Monday through Saturday, my mind rules the day. And yes, my mind says that all these extra picks are better than winning 1 game.

On Sunday, my heart rules the day. And my heart wants to beat the $#!t out of my mind for ever uttering the notion that a Rams loss is a good thing.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Debate revisited: Routing for the Rams to lose meaningless games-RGIII lesson

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    On Monday through Saturday, my mind rules the day. And yes, my mind says that all these extra picks are better than winning 1 game.

On Sunday, my heart rules the day. And my heart wants to beat the $#!t out of my mind for ever uttering the notion that a Rams loss is a good thing.
    Exactly this. Sometimes to win the war you have to sacrifice a few pawns but you never feel good about doing it.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I mean I never rooted against the Rams, but I didn't exactly have to root against them. I had zero faith in the previous regime to win, and all the faith they would lose. And lose they did.

Hey, Spags did something right after all. Thanks Steve!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I'll say this and then I'm through.

I'll guarantee you, there isn't a truthful Ram fan anywhere, who wishes we had won an extra game or two last season, whether they're too proud to admit it or not.

Spare me the bullcrap.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I'll say this and then I'm through.

I'll guarantee you, there isn't a truthful Ram fan anywhere, who wishes we had won an extra game or two last season, whether they're too proud to admit it or not.

Spare me the bullcrap.
    Absolutely not. In fact I wish we had won one less. Still leaves a sour taste in your mouth though. But about halfway through the season we all knew Spags was canned and we needed a top pick to rebuild this thing.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.