throwback week

sdobbers Guest

Defensive/Running Team vs. Passing Offense

So I've been hearing a lot lately that we will be a defensive team and we'll pound the ball running. I can already tell we're heading that way, at least it seem so far, but I want to ask if that's the right way to go. In the past teams won with a great defense and a solid running game, but nowadays the top teams have moved from that to great passing teams who survive on defense.

So my question is, are we going about this the wrong way? Should we become a passing offense instead of running offense? I understand that we're becoming a running offense because of SJAX, but isn't there a way to incorporate him more into a high passing offense?

thermobee is offline Registered User

Re: Defensive/Running Team vs. Passing Offense

3 out of the 4 teams that played this past weekend in the championship games have very explosive offenses. Does that answer your question?

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

I think a balanced 50/50 dual running-back offense is the way to go. Sjax/SOMEONE/Ogbonnaya as a third down change of pacer thrown in the mix as well can be a formidable attack. Combine that with a good passing attack and a stellar defense and you have all the trappings of a high-powered offense. We certainly dont need a 4000 yard/ year thrower but 3000+ i think is definitely a necessity.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

The Colts and Jets defense aren't exactly the Maginot Line, and the Saints and Vikings D has its moments as well.

Unfortunately, those aren't glamorous fantasy Madden positions, so they get overlooked.

Warner4prez Guest

I do believe the Jets had the number one defense and running game this year. Would it be crazy to try and mold ourselves in their image? Minus Sanchez thankfully.