iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Defensive Tackles

Unless we take Raji with the 2nd pick I don't see why we should take a DT in this year's draft. With Carriker fully healthy and Ryan having another year under his belt I don't think those two will play that bad next year, so maybe it won't be a huge need by the 2010 draft.

ALSO

Have you seen the DT's that will be avaliable next year?

Gerald McCoy, Ndamukong Suh, Terrance Cody (although he is more of a 3-4 NT), Geno Atkins, Demarcus Granger are all first round talents

AAAND that's only counting the seniors (well actually McCoy will be a RS Junior but he will be a top 10 pick so he is definitely leaving)

There are also a couple of wildcards in the extremely talented Juniors Marvin Austin of North Carolina and Lawrence Marsh of Florida

I would much rather use our 2nd round pick on Laurinitis, Sean Smith (because Butler will not be more than an average safety), Britt, Beatty, Meredith, or someone I really like Michael Johnson.

Imagine that defensive line if you want to look two years ahead

Disclaimer: I believe our offensive line will be fully capable to protect Bulger and Jackson this year, and I think Barron can succeed at LT.

Michael Johnson (tools to be a great pass rusher and although he isn't that good agains the run Adeyanju is)
    Ndamukong Suh (terrific Junior season with good size and speed)
    Adam Carriker (decent second year while injured and still learning the position, I have not lost any faith at all in him)

and of course the best of them all Chris Long

and then we could take Weatherspoon in the 2nd just because he is a Tiger and his name is similar to Will's to have a great LB core of Witherspoon-Curry-Weatherspoon

Don't mind criticism so throw it at me.
    Last edited by iStillBelieve; -03-12-2009 at 07:22 PM.

BarronWade is online now Registered User

Re: Defensive Tackles

OKAY first lets worry about this year before next year's draft.

Anyway yea i also think Cliff Ryan will have a good season. But he will need a good NT for depth like Ron Brace. Spags is a pro at substitution packages on the DL. I would feel great if Brace and Ryan can be utilized together.

As far as the 2nd round goes we take Brace and that will make it easier to find a MLB. Because we dont need a run stuffing MLB and we can focus on a faster one maybe ever David Vabora (but still draft a rookie this year).

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    OKAY first lets worry about this year before next year's draft.

Anyway yea i also think Cliff Ryan will have a good season. But he will need a good NT for depth like Ron Brace. Spags is a pro at substitution packages on the DL. I would feel great if Brace and Ryan can be utilized together.

As far as the 2nd round goes we take Brace and that will make it easier to find a MLB. Because we dont need a run stuffing MLB and we can focus on a faster one maybe ever David Vabora (but still draft a rookie this year).
    Yeah I know I'm getting wayy ahead of myself with this post, but I just feel we can get so much better value in DT next year. I think people (not saying this is you) look at Brace and see he is 330 pounds and automatically assume he can stuff gaps and easily take double teams.

I don't believe Brace is a good player, I just think in this bad DT class he is becoming overhyped.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

hey ISTILLBELIEVE

I agree with you on Ron Brace. He didn't do much when B.J. Raji wasn't there.
    I keep posting E. ZIGGY Hood is a better prospect than Brace but everyone Keeps saying Brace is 330 LBS.
    So what!
    Hood is a inch taller and 310 LBS and runs a 4.89 , 40 yard dash not a 5.50 dash like Brace. Does that 20 LBS mean Brace is better than Hood .
    I Don't think so.
    We do have to go DT this year to help save the LB's.
    Glover will be gone, Retired. That leaves AC, Ryan & Wroten with back up help W. Williams & A. Burten on Roster.
    I hope Rams do go DT/NT next year. So Rams can move AC back to DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    So Rams can move AC back to DE.
    A few weeks ago I loved the idea of moving Carriker back to DE, but he would not create much of a pass rush. I would rather get a slightly smaller DE with much more speed (Michael Johnson?...he ran a sub 4.6 forty at his pro day...at 6'7 270) and keep Carriker on the inside. It might hurt our run defense a little bit...but it would be so much more fun to watch.

Then again, with Carriker at end and even bigger DT's and Curry at MLB...it would be really really hard to run the ball on us.

Honestly, I trust our FO now so whatever they do I will back them 100%