throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeMeco Ryans

Rip32 Guest

DeMeco Ryans

Alabama LB DeMeco Ryans ran a 4.66 forty at his Pro Day.It was a slightly faster than his Combine performance. Ryans has a chance to go to Cleveland at pick 12, but is more likely to be taken in the second half of the first round.

I still would not pick him at 11

RamJackson39 Guest

Re: DeMeco Ryans

If the Rams couldnt trade out of the #11 selection, I wouldnt have a problem taking him. He's the safest SLB pick there.

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rip32
    Alabama LB DeMeco Ryans ran a 4.66 forty at his Pro Day.It was a slightly faster than his Combine performance. Ryans has a chance to go to Cleveland at pick 12, but is more likely to be taken in the second half of the first round.

I still would not pick him at 11
    Don't worry. Me niether.

RamJackson39 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Don't worry. Me niether.
    But you would take Vince Young...LOL

RamsFan16 Guest

Yea I would. We could trade VY for alot of great players on D most likely and probrably a first round pick later in the draft.

RamJackson39 Guest

Or just trade the pick...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Yea I would. We could trade VY for alot of great players on D most likely and probrably a first round pick later in the draft.
    ...what? How about we don't draft him at all, and instead just trade down with the team looking to move up and draft him?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

Well I'd trade it in hope of not grabbing Ryans.

RamJackson39 Guest

Well I'd trade it in hope of not grabbing Ryans.
    Probably one of the dumbest things I've read so far. If you seriously believe that DeMeco would not be an effective SLB, you need to sit down and actually watch a game of his.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Let me look at my calendar.....let's see here......yep, today ends in "y", so RJ and RF are going to argue over Alabama/Iowa players.

Just playin' with ya guys......proceed.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Probably one of the dumbest things I've read so far. If you seriously believe that DeMeco would not be an effective SLB, you need to sit down and actually watch a game of his.
    We will just wait and see what Greenway did today. BTW RJ39 you still haven't told me what LB int he NFL doesn't get held up at times.

RamJackson39 Guest

We will just wait and see what Greenway did today. BTW RJ39 you still haven't told me what LB int he NFL doesn't get held up at times.
    They all get held up at times, but not as many get held up by nearly every TE they face. The problem with Greenway is that he is not very good at getting off blocks. In college he used his speed to get around them, that wont work in the NFL.

RamsFan16 Guest

Its something that you work on. Ah duh. Everyplayer has his weakness coming in and to be a great player you have to work on it and thats what Greenway can do. BTW at the combine Greenway was showing some very good swim moves.

RamJackson39 Guest

Its something that you work on. Ah duh. Everyplayer has his weakness coming in and to be a great player you have to work on it and thats what Greenway can do. BTW at the combine Greenway was showing some very good swim moves.
    He had 4 years to work on it. I would be very worried if a SLB came into the league with problems getting off blocks. He's athletic enough to play WLB, I just dont see him being an effective SLB.

RamsFan16 Guest

You don't see any player being better than Ryans or Roach it appears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast