Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DeMeco Ryans

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Re: DeMeco Ryans

You don't see any player being better than Ryans or Roach it appears.
    roflmao. I'm not that big of a homer. I have projected Roach going in the 3rd and being a good pickup. I have Abdul Hodge going to the Colts in the 1st. But of course, I think Roach is better than both Hawk and Hodge. Go back and read what I said. I like Ryans as the best SLB available, I like Greenway as the best WLB available, and I like Hawk as the best ILB available.

In fact, Ryans is the only Bama player that I have said will be a Pro Bowler. Every other Bama player I have said will be a solid starter that you can depend on. Your arguments against Ryans are weak and based off only what you hear other people say. I have asked you to sit and watch Bama games and watch the guy play. You never did that. I even told you that you should watch the Cotton Bowl to see how you like him because he was going to be dominant in that game.

Ryans ended up being the Defensive MVP of the game btw.

The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

So. Now that Greenway and Ryans have similar pro days. Greenway faster, Ryans stronger by 3 reps or something. Greenway is that much better.
    RamsFan16

So. Now that Greenway and Ryans have similar pro days. Greenway faster, Ryans stronger by 3 reps or something. Greenway is that much better.
    Wouldnt that prove my point that Ryans is suited more to SLB since he is stronger?

yea. but greenway will adapt! Kinda like Little did to DE. A. Williams did to FS. ect.
    RamsFan16

yea. but greenway will adapt! Kinda like Little did to DE. A. Williams did to FS. ect.
    You dont draft a guy to adapt. You draft a guy to make an impact. Greenway and Ryans are pretty much complete opposite players.

Ryans is a strong LB who uses his ability to read offensive plays to disrupt them before they can start.

Greenway is a fast LB who uses his speed to move around blocks and get to the ball. He lacks top recognition skills which is something I want from my SLB.

Yea. Thats why you have leaders like Witherspoon and Pisa who tell Greenway what to look for ect., your doing everything you can to make it so we don't draft Greenway.
    RamsFan16

Yea. Thats why you have leaders like Witherspoon and Pisa who tell Greenway what to look for ect., your doing everything you can to make it so we don't draft Greenway.
    Actually, I have no effect on who the Rams draft. I dont know Scott Linehan, so I have no effect on who he wants to draft. This is my opinion on the matter. It doesnt really bother me when you say things detracting froim DeMeco because I know that you have never met him and have never even seen him play.

I suggest that you either go watch the Cotton Bowl or stop trying to detract from the player and person that DeMeco is.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Greenway and Ryans are pretty much complete opposite players.
    I've got to disagree with you here. In fact, Greenway and Ryans are almost the exact same player!

Pros for both

- extremely football intelligent
    - display good instincts
    - very productive
    - sure tackler
    - non-stop motors

Cons for both

- will have to get stronger
    - less than ideal speed
    - has trouble shedding blocks at times

I'm telling you fellas, you guys are arguing over the EXACT SAME PLAYER.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    roflmao. I'm not that big of a homer. I have projected Roach going in the 3rd and being a good pickup. I have Abdul Hodge going to the Colts in the 1st. But of course, I think Roach is better than both Hawk and Hodge. Go back and read what I said. I like Ryans as the best SLB available, I like Greenway as the best WLB available, and I like Hawk as the best ILB available.

Which is true Roach is better than Hawk or Hodge or Hawk is the best ILB?

Which is true Roach is better than Hawk or Hodge or Hawk is the best ILB?
    Sarcasm is hard to see online. I was saying that it didnt make sense for me to have Hawk going in the top 10 and Roach going in the 3rd, but yet still say that Roach is the best ILB available. Hawk is the best by far. I never once said Roach was the best available in case this post didnt clear things up. lol.

Pros for both

- extremely football intelligent
    - display good instincts
    - very productive
    - sure tackler
    - non-stop motors

Cons for both

- will have to get stronger
    - less than ideal speed
    - has trouble shedding blocks at times
    I would say that the difference here is DeMeco is a stronger player while Greenway is relies more on speed. I guess that is the point I was trying to get across when I said that they were opposite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12