Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Cool Denver has to trade with Rams for Sanchez.

If Detroit takes Stafford and the Broncos want Sanchez they must deal with the Rams for this reason. There is a threat of Seattle taking Sanchez with the #4 pick. Also,do you think a division foe Chiefs would be willing to part with their #3 pick to give the Broncos a possible franchise QB? Not in this lifetime. They are estacic with the leaving of Cutler. I doubt they will allow their division rival to get up off the mat immediately. Their new GM from New England Me Thinks is smarter than that.

The only questions are these:

Do the Rams want Sanchez themselves? Many say he is perfect for the West Coast offense Rams will run.

Do the Rams want to take the 12th & 18th picks for the #2 overall? That is a long drop. I doubt the Rams want to get out of the top six especially with all this drug info that will affects a bunch of top rated draft prospects.

Hold on this is going to be a wild NFL draft ride. At least no more Cutler talk.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Denver has to trade with Rams for Sanchez.

I really don't see the Broncos doing that but with the week we've had in the NFL this week who knows? Heard on ESPN today that McDaniels specifically targeted Kyle Orton, which to me means Orton has the job. Remember, McDaniels coached up Cassel (how much who knows?) and I don't think is all that interested in getting a QB in Round 1 now. That team needs defensive help badly.

thermobee is offline Registered User

It makes sense, but I think it all depends on how much does Denver like Sanchez and if they believe he is a franchise Qb

Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

I sure hope the seehags don't get him. I would hate to see Sanchez go their and then becomes really good. I wonder if this will effect the Rams draft? I kinda doubt it. I think Devaney & Spags are set into building from the inside-out mode. This Cutler thing screwed up all those Mock drafts! All these mock draft "experts" actually have work on a friday. If you call what they do work. boo whoo <giggle>

tdog08 is offline Registered User

they really can trade with 3 or decide if seahawks want him if they don;t then they can trade 7

A-Web is offline Registered User

Denver has Orton. They traded for a quarterback and plethora of draft picks. Do not expect them to do any trading up with their picks, they are going to use their 4 first round picks in 2 years to bolster up the team they have, and probably work on that running game they don't have. Expect some line work on offense and defense, and a new tailback in the coming seasons. If they weren't interested in using Orton, they probably would not have ended up with him. It appeared to me that Chicago basically sold them everything and their mother in this trade, and don't expect Denver to go and waste away valuable picks on some gamble players. Not to mention that pretty much, unless it is a dire need, most teams do not envy the top 3 picks, as those tend to be overpaid players who get paid more in their first 3 years than they might during any of their other contracts.

People were talking about voting in a rule to provide a Salary CAP to the rookie salaries, so that the top picks are more desirable, because right now, if a player is picked #1, they are going to get some ridiculous automatic money. They believe if Rookies are CAPPED, the top picks would be more desirable. I think that should never happen. I think that is basically encouraging tanking of the season. I think if the top pick is so undesirable, than you had better work your arse off not to end up with it. It's a motivator eh?

Anyways, Don't think that any trade is going to happen regarding these teams and players. I think you are going to see Denver pick up a tailback at #18, and with their #12, probably a lineman or linebacker for that matter. Depending on which position has the higher rated player at that point, I think Denver could pretty much work off the board on their "best player availabile" chart. With the ammount of picks they have coming to them, I think taking the BPA will pretty much solidify their entire team in the next year or two.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Why would they have to trade with the Rams? There are several other teams they could trade with, or they could wait and hope he falls to them (with Josh Freeman as a backup plan).

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

McDaniels doesn't want or need a big name quarterback... he wants a quarterback that fits and believes in his system. Cutler believes in himself and from what I hear Orton believes in the team. Remember the Patriots did pretty good last year using a back-up quarterback that hadn't started a game since HIGH SCHOOL!

Orton is exactly the qb McDaniels wants.

I would be shocked if they traded their picks.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Why would they have to trade with the Rams? There are several other teams they could trade with, or they could wait and hope he falls to them (with Josh Freeman as a backup plan).

Because Av don't you know it'a all about the QB? Doesn't matter that this team has no RB's or a defense that was terrible last year. Doesn't matter. All that matters is that you have a QB. QB is the only position on the field that matters.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

We already gave the Broncos a great QB. His name was Cutler!! They blew it... Let them suffer....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think Denver will be content to wait and see if Sanchez drops to the 8-10 range. If so, maybe they strike a deal then. But IMO, no way they trade into the top five for him. No one wants to trade into that range because of the contract prices.

Denver I'm sure would be very content staying at 12 and 18 and taking the two best defensive players on the board. Their defense certainly needs it.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

The way I figure, you could probably come up with a dozen reasons other than quarterback play to explain how the Broncos managed to blow their chance at a playoff spot last year. I suspect they'll be putting those extra picks to good use trying to plug the rest of the holes.