Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derek Anderson

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Derek Anderson

Actually not long ago I read an article where a scout said he was the most accurate quarterback to come out of the draft in six years, so those things have been said about him, maybe not as frequently, but they have.

And actually you did say in one of your posts that he would "be just another bust, another Marc Bulger."

If Anderson is bad, I don't want him. If you want to draft Suh and get another young quarterback then we need to seriously look at Colt McCoy and the others in the second round, not get someone that down right sucks.

Damned Ramz Guest

omg hes so bad lol, please stay away DA!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I also thought about Feeley but do you actually expect him to start? I'd love for him to mentor Anderson, he could be real good.
    Anderson is going to be 27 this season. 27 year old quarterbacks should not need mentoring or "development".

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Anderson's stats from this last season, for those who are curious. Taken from an article on NFL.com.

"In seven starts last season, Anderson completed just 81 of 182 passes (45 percent) for 888 yards and three TDs with 10 interceptions."
    How many of those hit Braylon Edwards right in the nose and he dropped???

Edwards was traded to the Jets that season.

From the same article:

"
    The Browns released the one-time Pro Bowl quarterback Tuesday and Anderson responded by ripping Cleveland fans."

Is this what you want? I don't..

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner," Anderson wrote in an e-mail to The News-Herald, a suburban Cleveland newspaper. "I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured (in 2008, a sprained medial collateral ligament).

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    "The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner," Anderson wrote in an e-mail to The News-Herald, a suburban Cleveland newspaper. "I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured (in 2008, a sprained medial collateral ligament).
    I would give him a pass on that, come on how mad would you get if someone broke your arm and 50,000 people who are supposed to be their to support you cheer. I have to agree, that is total disrespect by the fans.

That being said, I am going to use the same argument that AV used a couple months ago.

Do you really want a QB that couldnt beat out Brady Quinn for the starting job?

Oh I'd be fighting pissed but at the same time if you want a face for your team, you want a qb that is poised under pressure...you don't really want someone that will act out on that anger. It was total disrespect (at best) by the Browns fans but the best way to get back at them is to go somewhere and play well, not go to the newspapers and call them out on it.

Mostly though, to be clear...I don't want him because I think he's awful.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Its a no brainer, sign him up! (only if the price is right) he had a pro bowl season not so long ago. He is a good age for a QB, strong arm and experience. Who cares if he couldnt beat out Quinn, maybe a change of system will do him good. West coast offense is based on short passes, i think he could manage it. Low risk, high reward if you ask me. Theres no harm in giving the guy a chance if he wants to prove himself

thickandthin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Its a no brainer, sign him up! (only if the price is right) he had a pro bowl season not so long ago. He is a good age for a QB, strong arm and experience. Who cares if he couldnt beat out Quinn, maybe a change of system will do him good. West coast offense is based on short passes, i think he could manage it. Low risk, high reward if you ask me. Theres no harm in giving the guy a chance if he wants to prove himself
    I agree completely but I don't like how he called out the Browns fans..

Bing69 is offline Registered User

In fairness, if your own fans cheered when you got injured, you would lose all respect for them. I know i would

Banter between fans and players is alright but theres a line.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

In my mind it comes down to Bulger, Vick, Anderson or a rookie we draft.
    I feel like Anderson needs a change of scenery and that might just be what the doctor ordered for this guy.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think Anderson is a bad mentor (see Brady Quinn).

He also couldn't prove he was better than Quinn who is no arm and not accurate.

Anderson will not be happy as a back up or mentoring someone.

Anderson also can't seem to stay on the field.

I would rather give the reigns to a 22 year old guy and lose, then lose with an old, grumy has been that thinks he is better than he actually is.

No to DA. If this is our option lets keep Bulger and draft the best Running back to run the wilcat and let them split the snaps

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Which is his only good season in a five year career. Which means it was a fluke. The real Derek Anderson is the guy who stunk it up on the field the other four years, lost out to Quinn, and had his injury cheered by Browns fans. We can't afford to run around tossing out roster spots and $3 million per anum contracts to every Joe Blow who ever threw a ball, so let's investigate elsewhere.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Playing for a team that cheers your injuries is pretty demoralizing, even for the most level headed guy(not that he is I dont know) but Id trust Despags to evaluate his possible contribution.

Do you guys think that having 3 1rst round picks on the Dline when the entire rest of the team sucks is the right way to go.? AC was supposed to make a difference, CL 3rd year now and we are still hoping he grows into the position. What will we say when Suh or (god forbid 23 reps) Mccoy stumble out of the gate or all season. Even if we put together the best Dline in the history of the game we are still losing 10-6, 6-3 because we cant score,the only bright side will be watching our guys crush the other QB.

IMO we HAVE to address the QB spot. If its b4 the draft (Anderson, Vick, or whoever)then get Suh (NOT MCCOY) but if we dont get something done by the draft we should all expect Bradford to be the pick. Like it or not. . . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast